Friday, February 8, 2013

Feb 8 - Super Aunties To The Rescue

  It was really busy at work.  I'm out of the office three days next week so I had a ridiculous amount to get done by then.  My offsider was amazingly supportive which helped a lot but I still intended to work late to finish off things I needed for Monday and the two workshops I have to attend.  Of course plans change..
  At lunchtime today Bertie rang.  Could Gub and I please look after our nephew tonight?  I thought about it briefly and said ok, I figured I can always go in to work tomorrow instead to finish things up.  Of course, babysitting my nephew 'tonight' turned rapidly into overnight.  I swear Bertie is a magician sometimes.  Still, with both aunties at his disposal we've at least had a happy chap on our hands.
  I managed to get him to eat a piece of carrot tonight by cutting it out with the mini star-shaped cookie cutter (like I do with broccoli for decorating the top of the broccoli salad).  He must've been quite hungry today.  He polished of seven chicken nuggets, a Bertie Beetle chocolate, a whole banana, and a bottle of 50/50 pineapple juice!
  We managed to get through Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2 and the beginning of Rio before my nephew finally gave in to slumber.  After a few minutes of sleep you can already see the sweat on his brow.  He is such a little furnace when he sleeps but he insists on having the blankets on.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit muesli with Jalna a2 low fat natural yoghurt, two diced dried peach halves, pumpkin seeds and slivered almonds, and a cup of orange juice.
  • Morning snack was a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a Mission spinach and herb wrap with horseradish cream, 100g of champagne leg ham, baby spinach, half a tomato and two sliced mushrooms.  I also had a serve of four belVita fruit and fibre breakfast biscuits.
  • Afternoon snack was two sushi hand rolls, one salmon and one salt and pepper calamari.
  • Dinner was a big salad of lettuce, pale green pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, 95g tin of Sole Mare tuna in olive oil and a dressing of Heinz Salad Cream diluted with milk.
  • Dessert was 25g of Yarra Valley Chocolaterie sugar-free dark chocolate and a small tub of pistachio kulfi (Indian ice-cream).

  I'm off to bed now to read some of my book!  Though I shall have to remember that I still have to get up in the morning.  My nephew is being picked up by 9am and then I'll have to pack things up and head to work to play catch up!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment