Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feb 26 - Happy Birthday To Me!


  It was a beautiful morning on this, my birthday, typically Melbourian weather, nice and cool and drizzly (I mean it, I really like these kinds of days).  I woke up late, but I didn't hurry getting ready for work.. it was my birthday after all.  It took forever getting up Springvale Road and when I got to Waverley Road I discovered why.  The traffice lights were out and police were there in neon yellow waterproofs directing traffic.  Poor buggers, they looked rather sodden.
  It was raining pretty heavily when I got to work so I confess that I parked in the undercover area usually reserved for customers.  Again.. birthday!  The girls in the office all greeted me with cries of 'Happy Birthday' and I got down to business.
  Only three days left in this role so I'm starting to panic a bit about finishing everything off.  Today I was teaching my offsider how to do general ledger journals and I am chuffed to say that she is one of the few people I know who has gotten the concept straight away.  That made the task a lot easier.  Journals can be tricky things if you don't have bookkeeping or accounting experience in your background.
  I got lots of texts and emails and calls wishing me a Happy Birthday too which was lovely.  Mr Smart wished me a Happy Birthweek in reference to the length of celebrations I have been having overall, and within one fifteen minute window I had two phones call involving spirited renditions of the Happy Birthday song from both FlyGirl and Mum!
  At lunch time I got spoiled by my lovely receptionist Runner.  She presented me with a gorgeous bunch of purple and white flowers.  I believe that they are lisianthus.  They are very bright and cheerful.  I used to think of flowers as a waste of money but then I realised that I really liked getting them anyway.  However impractical and illogical it may seem, flowers do cheer up a room and the recipient no end.
  I got further spoiled by Runner and my offsider who at afternoon tea time, presented me with an enormous slab of baked cheesecake.  When I stood there with my mouth gaping wide at the sheer size of it, they both chimed that "You can't have a birthday and not have cake on it".  I did point out that we'd already had cake the day before, but they were having none of it and my arm was not exactly difficult to twist.
  After work I headed home to get changed for pilates and as I drove into the driveway I noticed a largeish envelope protruding from the letterbox.  It was an express post envelope from a company called moonpig.com.au.  Funny, I thought, I don't remember ordering anything but that sounds like the kind of website I might stumble upon.  I took it in side and opened it up.  It was a personalised custom printed birthday card from the Cambridge Rower.  Gub assured me it was all his own idea and he organised it himself from England to make sure it arrived on my birthday.  What a sweetheart my little sis is marrying.
  I went off to pilates.  It was another good session today.  It was very muggy in the room tonight and so the four of us participating tonight were dripping with sweat.  About two thirds of the way through Rush asked "Would you like the airconditioning on?"  One of the other girls remarked "Are you serious? Of course! We didn't even know that was an option!"  She was absolutely right.  There have been some stinking hot sessions in there and the only option given previously was a upright fan.  Needless to say it was nice to have cooling for the final fifteen minutes.
  I headed home and managed not to stop at the fish and chip shop on the way.  I've been craving a burger lately and since Mr Smart and I have given up McDonalds and Hungry Jacks etc. the fish and chip shop seemed like the best idea.  But I thought about the enormous piece of cheesecake and then wondered how hungry I really was, so I went straight home for a small snack meal instead, but not before doing some more time on the cross trainer in front of Jeeves & Wooster.
  The rest of the night was pretty quiet.  A few emails, some chats with Gub, Mum, Dad and getting beaten at Words With Friends by Mr Smart and Earnest simultaneously.  It's different enough from Scrabble to be a whole different ballgame and it annoyingly allows some ridiculous non-words and doesn't allow some genuine words like my very favourite Scrabble word, DZO.. a hybrid of a yak and domesticated cattle.  It can also be spelled ZO, ZHO, DZHO, none of which are allowed in Words With Friends!  Utterly infuriating!

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a Cheesymite Scroll from Baker's Delight. 
  • Morning snack was 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy 98% fat free vine passionfruit flavoured yoghurt with four dried apricots and one medjool date. 
  • Lunch was four little lavosh wraps with assorted fillings, some chicken pasta salad and a 200ml San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa. 
  • Afternoon snack was an enormous piece of baked cheesecake.  I shan't lie, that is sitting on a full sized dinner plate.  It was delicious. 
  • Dinner was three Vita-Weat soy, linseed and sesame lunch slices with Vegemite and three slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese. 
  • Exercise was a 45 minute clinical pilates class followed by 20 minutes (a half Jeevesworth) on the cross trainer at load 1. 
  • Weight this morning was 100.8 kg. 

  Between all my procrastination and mucking about with my new phone (of which I'm scarily fond), I only got yesterday's blog written today.  Which is why I'm writing today's blog, tomorrow.. by which I mean now (Wednesday)... it's confusing writing in present tense for a past day!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment