Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feb 17 - Lots Of Little Things

  I stirred slightly as Mr Smart got up this morning, but I soon found sleep again, interruptions from Pizza Cat aside.  I'm not sure how much later the alarm went off but I managed to push buttons until it was silenced.  Not long after that, sweet mild coffee arrived to the bedside table.  I rarely drink coffee, but I've decided I very much love that Mr Smart brings coffee to me while I'm still in bed, it makes me feel so spoiled.
  We watched a little TV and then got ready to head out for breakfast.  We decided on breakfast at The Old Fire Station Cafe Gallery.  It was a nice place with photographic art on the walls and mix n match tables and chairs.  We got a table right in front of some open double-doors which meant a lovely cross breeze kept us cool for the duration.  Sure we had to tolerate the occasional fly but it was worth it for the breeze, it was already shaping up to be a yucky hot day again.
  After breakfast we took a brief detour on the walk home to visit the local library but found that it doesn't open until 1pm on Sundays.  We walked back to Mr Smart's and from there I headed home, eager to engage in a little decluttering before the weekend was gone.
  When I got home I said hello to a very sleepy Gub and turned on my computer.  I gave Earnest a quick buzz and got him to log on Skype so I could say hi to him and his kids.  His daughter, on hearing I had a pet rabbit, insisted that she be fetched, so GoGo had her live internet debut today.  She suffered through it remarkably good naturedly, even staring directly into the camera once or twice.  After the kids had gotten bored with talking to Auntie Jess and her bunny rabbit, Earnest and I had a quick catch up before I decided I really must get on with things.
  I started to declutter the top of the entertainment unit.  I went through a pile of papers and threw out most of them, and then I sorted out the stacks of DVDs and began putting them away.  It was around this time that Gub arose and started making mutterings about needed to shop for a new suitcase.  I mentioned I was beginning to suspect I needed a new handbag, so that was it and off we went.
  As we entered The Glen, the first thing that greeted us was discounted 'end of day' donuts at Donut King, 3 for $5.  Gub picked two for herself and I picked one.  I figured that if I was going to have one I had damn well better enjoy it, so I insisted on having a donut dinosaur, much to Gub's amusement.  From there we went on to Strandbags where Gub found a very durable and lightweight new suitcase.  I started to look at handbags but none of them were quite right.  Flaps in the wrong spots, not enough pockets, too many pockets, too narrow a shoulder strap, too short a shoulder strap, the imperfections were limitless.  All I wanted was my current handbag, only a little bit wider so I could fit my kindle and a few other items in.  "You'll never find exactly what you are looking for" Gub sighed, exasperated (now she knows what it's like to go shoe shopping with her!).
  But hah!  I did too find it!  At our next stop, David Jones, I found this one from Things Terrific which Kate informed me was a knock off of this Radley design.  Apparently my current bag is also a Radley knock off.  So now I know what I want, I have to decide... Do I really want to spend close to $200 on a new handbag?  Fortunately I don't have to decide in a hurry, Gub has gifted me a fabric bag to contain my excess items in the interim.
  We returned home after what turned out to be a really successful shopping trip and I went back to tidying up.  I took all of my Disney DVDs and put them back into chronological order (yes, I'm a bit anal about some things) and then emptied them out of the shelf and into neat storage boxes.  I've thought for quite a while that the shelving on top of the entertainment unit makes the TV look a bit crowded so I'm working on getting rid of them as part of my master declutter plan.
  Gub was working away on various bits and pieces of her own on her laptop so we decided to put on Brenda Starr, an old film favourite from our childhood.  We both admitted to having had crushes on Tony Peck when we first discovered the movie all those years ago.  Work continued slowly for both of us and I eventually conceded that I'd better get started on the weekend's blogs.
  I took a break from all of this at around 7pm though, to make us both a big healthy salad for dinner.  I'm hoping it was entirely healthy though, as I'm not feeling particularly good right this moment.  My tummy is a little unsettled and I feel a bit woozy.  I'd suggest I was dehydrated again but at this point I believe I'm more likely to be overhydrated.  Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.

  Today's food was:

  • Pre-breakfast coffee was a Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee.
  • Breakfast was a pot of raspberry and lime tea followed by scrambled eggs with bacon, mushrooms, a hash brown and a small serve of housemade Boston beans.  I cut the rind from the bacon and discarded it along with the fat, I only ate half of the eggs (they were a little dry for me) and I ate none of the toast.
  • Afternoon snack was a dinosaur donut from Donut King.
  • Dinner was a big salad of mixed lettuces, cucumber, mixed tomatoes, half a Hass avocado, crunchy sprouts, Lemnos marinated Persian feta, strips of semi-dried tomato, strips of peeled carrot and two strips of garlic Afghan bread.

  You may have noticed that I skipped exercise today.  After Friday's big walk and yesterday's cross trainer and walk my right calf is still rather sore so I decided to exercise caution and give it a rest today.  I hope you all had a great weekend and have lovely weeks ahead of you.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment