Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb 13 - Feeling Overwhelmed

  My head is swimming with things to do, or should that be drowning?  I feel lost, I feel overwhelmed and I feel like I am never going to get back on track.  There are still meals out galore coming up but I know those aren't really the big problem because I was still doing that before Christmas.  It's the day-to-day eating that I need to get back on track.  I seem to be rapidly running out of time for doing anything at all these days letting alone planning and preparing meals.
  Take today for instance, I get up, shower, dress and go to work, work, work, work, drive to Miss Mischief's, get changed, walk for an hour, stop at the supermarket on the way home, start laundry, debone chicken and eat dinner, hang out laundry, make card, start blog and holy hell it's midnight already!  And I haven't yet done any of the billions of things on my trillions of lists.
  I have to handover my current job to my offsider which includes training her in a lot of things, I am worrying about all the mess I have to clean up with I get to my new job (even though I may well enjoy it once I get there), I am worrying about the travel time and it's potential impact, I need to clean and declutter my house all of which takes time but I'd like it to at least have it done by mid-March when I'm having guests over, and at some point I need to give myself a break and try to remember I'm not in control of everything.
  I bought TimTams today, rather a lot of them, but I only ate two.  I think am going to give most of them away.  I'm not sure why I bought them.  They were on special and I was curious about the 'special' flavours.  Perhaps I'm more susceptible to retail marketing and merchandising strategy than I'd like to think.  Certainly this seems to be the case when my brain is feeling swamped because I don't even much like Tim Tams.
 
Who wants a free 'Treat Pack' of Tim Tams?

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with Jalna a2 low fat yoghurt, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was three Brazil nuts, two pecan nut halves, two hazelnuts, four almonds, sunflower seeds and one dried peach half.
  • Lunch was salmon sashimi with a little Japanese mayonnaise, a prawn hand roll with soy sauce and a salt and pepper calamari hand roll.  After that I also had one serve of belVita fruit and fibre breakfast biscuits (four biscuits).
  • Afternoon snack was a not quite ripe banana and a dapple dandy pluot.
  • Exercise was a 50 minute, 3.8km walk.
  • Dinner was two Goodness Superfoods wholegrain barley wraps spread with Black Swan skinny spicy capsicum dip, barbecue chicken and iceberg lettuce.  I also had some chicken skin, not all of it, and a large lump of stuffing while I deboned the chicken.
  • Dessert was two double choc vanilla Tim Tams.

  Anyone feel like coming and taking care of what I eat so I can stop thinking about it and/or feeling guilty about it?
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment