Thursday, February 7, 2013

Feb 7 - Indulgence

  Safe to say I overdid it today.  The morning started with a visit from a head office staff member, my new accounts payable counterpart.  It was lovely to put a face to the name and we did a tour of the centre and then went to In A Nutshell for a delicious hot chocolate and chat.  We eventually strolled back to the office and went through a couple of questions she had about centre life and then she headed off to head office.
  It's been a busy day.  I've been training up my offsider which means I need to do things slower to get through the level of detail required.  See the problem is, it's all stored away in my brain and accessible in seconds for me.  It takes a long time to get all of that out onto paper and into someone else's brain!
  I was definitely ready for a break come lunchtime and today I was meeting a friend!  For the past three years I've had an email friendship with my accounts receivable counterpart at the plumbers'.  It's lovely, we contact each other for business and once business is done, we chat about life, the universe and everything.  Today we got to meet in person!  We went to Nandos for lunch and had a lovely long gabfest.  I'm not sure why I decided to have the chips with my wrap.  They were too salty.  I will try to remember that next time.
  After work I headed home where I found a handsome Mr Smart sitting cross-legged on my couch surrounded by proof-reads and laptop.  Gub and Mum were lurking about too, all awaiting my arrival so we could share dinner.  It's Mum's last night in Melbourne but Gub is knee-deep in preparations for her friend's hens' nights so we decided to get an Indian takeaway to share at home.

Gub is missing her Cambridge Rower

  After dinner Mr Smart and I watched the fourth episode of  Utopia.  It is thrilling and confusing and things are heating up for our 'heroes'.  I don't know who the good guys really are!!  There seems to be an inordinate number of double-agents and unsuspecting pawns.
  After that I pulled out the laptop to write the blog and we chucked on an old favourite, The Incredibles!  So here we sit, me typing and watching simultaneously.  There has been the suggestion that perhaps Wall-E might be next on the list, but I suspect bedtime will probably have rolled around by the end of the movie.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was two slices of toasted multigrain bread with hummus.
  • Morning meeting refreshment was a hot chocolate.
  • Morning snack was a yellow-flesh peach and a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a Nandos classic chicken wrap with a regular chips and a 350ml Coke Zero.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was an Indian takeaway of a pappadum, raita, chutnies, a samosa with tamarind sauce, a quarter of a plain naan, saffron rice, chicken korma, lamb rogan josh and beef madras.

  Time for me to put down the laptop and focus on my movie and my snuggles!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment