Sunday, February 3, 2013

Feb 3 - Kids Movie Overload!

  After our Madagascar marathon yesterday Bertie and my nephew stayed over.  It's been a very busy weekend for Bertie, so off she went at 10:30am and once more my nephew and I were left to our own devices.  Today we managed to get through the following kids movies:  Ice Age 4, Ice Age 3, Cars 2, Rio and Kung Fu Panda.  We also did some more laundry and lemon tidying up and my nephew insisted on using my computer to practice his mouse skills not once but twice.  He is getting very good, he can click on moving objects now!
  I have noticed that it is remarkably hard not to overeat when in charge of a small child.  Twice he demanded popcorn, and twice I ate a lot more of it that he did.  Thank heavens it was only popcorn he asked for, though the butter flavoured stuff is still pretty high calorie.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day as Miss Scarlett would say.  You know I've never yet watched that movie.
  Halfway through the day I got a call from Gub to let me know that she and the Cambridge Rower, with Mum in tow, would be returning a night early, ie. tonight.  I am beset with visitors this weekend!  I was a little worried as I had literally just finished hanging out their freshly washed bed linen and towels, but the sun was shining and fortunately they dried in time for the bed to be remade.
  Bertie came and collected my nephew at 8pm leaving me just over two hours to prepare for the arrival of my next lot of visitors.  Wipe down the bathroom surfaces with all speed!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was one small piece of biscotti and a large bowl of microwave butter flavoured popcorn.
  • Lunch was a sandwich of two slices of toasted multigrain bread, one slice of Bega So Light tasty cheese, Heinz Salad Cream, four fish fingers and iceberg lettuce, accompanied by two small blush tomatoes.  Then for lunch dessert (because I felt such a thing needed to exist today) a sandwich of two slices of toasted multigrain bread with Nutella and a small sliced ripe banana.
  • Afternoon snack was two zebra shaped chicken nuggets and another large bowl of microwave butter flavoured popcorn.
  • Dinner was a salad of iceberg lettuce, cucumber, red capsicum, 95g Sole Mare tuna in olive oil (drained) and a diced baked potato.
  • Weight this morning was 102.0 kg.

  The AirFryer got a bit of a work out today: fish fingers, chicken nuggets and baked potatoes!  It's definitely a handy gadget to have around.  I'm not overly keen on using it for chicken drumsticks though.  They turn out amazingly succulent and yummy but cleaning all the dripped fat up is a pain in the bum.  The advantage of crumbed items is you really only need to give it a bit of a brush.
  I am gradually getting my eating back on track but I feel like everything conspired against me a bit this weekend.  I'm still making better choices than I used to certainly in regards to portion size (popcorn excepted) and I am still slowly losing weigh and girth so I will simply keep trying.  Dinner at Piccolino's booked for tomorrow won't help but I'm certainly still going to enjoy it though!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment