Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feb 25 - A Fun Filled & Tummy Filled Day

  I set off this morning without breakfast, but I knew there was a big lunch in store.  I spent far too long last night playing with my new toy and I know I will have to be very careful to check that I've got a WiFi connection around when I decide to play Words With Friends!  I'm getting seriously addicted to that game thanks to Mr Smart and Earnest.
  Work was more of trying to get things finished.  Thursday this week is my last working day at Forest Hill and then I'm off to start at QV on Monday.  Due to various people being away from the office this week though, today they held a very lovely farewell lunch for me.  The food was fabulous and there were heaps of healthy options thanks to my offsider.


  There was a beautiful chicken pasta salad one of the staff made, yummy little lavosh roll-ups in salami, ham, chicken or vegetarian fillings, party pies, pasties and sausage rolls, sushi and a generous fruit platter.  I had three helpings (they were only small plates!) and they did decrease in size and increase in healthiness as I went on.  I figured I was doing pretty well, when suddenly...

BIRTHDAY CAKE!

  Sure, it wasn't my birthday until Tuesday, but because everyone was already assembled they decided to surprise me today.  My offsider also made her fabulous chocolate balls!  Over the course of the afternoon I had four chocolate balls and five small pieces of cake.  I did not feel hungry for the rest of the day, so I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day!

  After work I trekked down to Narre Warren to meet with the members of the Changeroom Sisterhood!  Mr Smart, bargain-hunter extraordinaire, had alerted us to a 50% off all clothing sale at Savers.  Not an opportunity to be missed.  After a short wait I was joined by HotCakes, Miss Mischief and our newest member, Miss Kitty!
  The girls had got me a couple of birthday presents, the funniest of which was the 'Savers vouchers' which Miss Mischief had created for me.  We browsed, we tried on, we mocked, we giggled and we all walked out with purchases.  I ended up with a pair of work pants (size 18 thank you very much), a nice going out top, a huggy stretch cotton polo top, two T-shirts for me, two T-shirts for Mr Smart, one T-shirt for my nephew to sleep in (it's a man-sized T-shirt but he loves Angry Birds and it has the red bird on it) and one other item.  All this for the astoundingly low price of $19.45!  For nine items, that's an average of $2.16 per item!  Miss Mischief had the biggest sackful at the end of the night and she still only just spent over $30, so we headed out as shopping conquerors.
  As we milled around saying our goodbyes and watching the Moscow Circus set up on the adjacent lawns (I am not at all joking there) the subject of a head office coworker who is soon to be leaving the company came up.  "It's a shame he's leaving, I only just found out how cute he is." "Yeah and he's such a lovely guy"  "He even raises his own purchases orders" "Yeah, and he follows procedure... what more could you want in a guy?"  That last comment brought on fits of laughter.
  Miss Kitty and HotCakes set off to their respective homes down that way, and Miss Mischief and I piled into my car and headed home our way.  It wasn't long before she was safely dropped off, and I was home and ready to face last night's commitment.
  It was nearly 10pm when I got home, but I had said I would do 20 minutes on the cross trainer and I'd be damned if I was going to make a liar of myself.  I got changed, put on my sneakers, showed Gub my purchases, played with my phone, then went to put something on the TV to watch while I was on the cross trainer.  Disaster!  My television was not responding.  The remote could turn it on or off but no other commands were being heeded.  Putting a DVD into the machine elicited no usual response and it would not accept an alternative input!  I struggled with this problem, getting more and more frustrated and anxious.  In the end I turned it off manually at the main power button and looked about helplessly.  In the end, Gub provided the answer by flicking on some music by Bluejuice and I managed 23 minutes on the cross trainer at load.  I alternated five minutes forward with one minute backwards which is quite a work out.  After that I was shattered and went to bed and read until some ungodly hour.
  Jess

PS: The TV was working again after it had its little rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment