Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 11 - Boring Work Stuff

  An early start for me today, though not quiet as early as it should have been.  I had set my alarm for 6:15am but my brain somehow incorporated the alarm and subsequent snooze button pushes into my dreams!  So by the time I realised that the alarm was actually going off it was 6:45am!  I still managed to get ready just in time for Ginger to arrive for our trip into the city.
  Ginger and I were both attending the first day of a big four day conference for the Ops Managers of our group.  We made great time into the city and found a park easily and were amongst the first to arrive.  So much for being worried about getting there late.
  The session started out boring, then there was a section on extended trade which went relatively well, although I found yet more errors in my assumptions and calculations.  It seems like I will never get it right.  Then the rest of the day got progressively more and more boring.  I think it would have been better if we'd only had to attend a half day but there's not much I can do about that now.  Give feedback so I can avoid the snooze-fest next year I suppose.
  I headed off about 5pm with Ginger and we parted company at the tram stop.  She took my car home and I caught a number 67 tram followed quickly by a number 8 at the very next stop.  The tram trundled me down to Elgin Street at the bottom of Lygon Street and I walked to Rathdowne street to meet Mr Smart and a couple of friends of his for dinner.
  I ended up getting there a lot quicker than I had anticipated and arrived an hour early.  Fortunately I had brought my book with me so I found a nice area with park benches under shelter to read for a while.  Eventually I received a text message from Mr Smart "We're here and I see you!"  I looked up, and sure enough there he was, across the street, waving at me from in front of the restaurant.
  We were at Fu Lu tonight, a cheap slightly run down looking place but the food was pretty nice.  Certainly good value for money.  We had a nice if quick meal together then the two couples went their separate ways.  Mr Smart and I headed back to his place.  I have another workshop tomorrow, though tomorrow's should be infinitely more interesting as it is for all of the Office Administrators so the focus will be on our work!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with Jalna a2 yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds and two small plums.
  • Morning snack was six Brazil nuts and three dried peach halves.
  • Lunch was a bread roll with butter, some plain green salad and some orecchiette pasta with pumpkin, sage and pine nuts, and then a small serve of fresh fruit.
  • Afternoon snack was a serve of belVita fruit and fibre breakfast biscuits (four).
  • Dinner was two sesame prawns followed by a roast pork omelette and a little special fried rice.

  Another early morning for me tomorrow.  Hopefully my dreams won't conspire against me this time!  Although I have a back up alarm this time, Mr Smart is also getting up early to watch the Liverpool v. West Brom match at 6:45am.  Time to read some more of my book.  Goodnight everyone.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment