Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feb 10 - And More Work

  Mr Smart and I spent a lovely leisurely morning together.  We decided to give Shine Cafe Bar & Lounge in Glen Waverley 'one last chance' as neither of us could remember why we stopped going there.  We were very happy we gave it another shot as both our breakfasts were really yummy.  Mr Smart winced as I put a sugar into my coffee.  "You can drink pod coffee without sugar and real coffee should be even better" he explained.  I guess I just like it better without sugar when it's brought to me in bed.
  After that I drove Mr Smart home and we spent the journey discussing what changes might occur in my world this year as a result of my big up and coming opportunity.  I can nearly reveal all, you'll just have to be patient.
  I was sad to have to just leave again on dropping him home.  I would've much preferred a Sunday afternoon nap to going back to work again, but off I went.  I got to work at about lunch time and grabbed a bite to eat with Danger Mouse.  I may not love working on the weekend but I do still stop and spare a thought for dear DM who works all of them and public holidays.  It seems to work for him but I'm certain I wouldn't handle it as well.
  Then it was on with extended trade calculations and preparation for tomorrow's workshop which is at the Royce Hotel in St Kilda.  I got as much done as I could and I think at very least my work will have paid off in our calculations for next year's budget being much more accurate than they were this year.
  I got home eventually, made dinner and wrote the marathon that was yesterday's blog so this one is just a quickie.  I printed out directions to the parking centre near the Royce Hotel and then tram directions for afterwards.  One of the other girls is coming in with me tomorrow morning and taking my car home for me because she's awesome.  I have yet another dinner date tomorrow night, this time with Mr Smart and a uni friend and his partner.  It's at a place that they promise rivals Cafe 58 for taste and value for money so I'm keen to see if I agree.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a cafe latte with one sugar and asparagus, smoked salmon and poached eggs with chipotle hollandaise on toasted ciabatta with a roasted tomato, two lemon-myrtle fried mushrooms and a forkful of wilted spinach.
  • Lunch was a Nandos classic chicken wrap with no drink or sides.
  • Dinner was a 325g potato baked in the AirFryer topped with a serve of homemade bolognase sauce and a small handful of Mainland finely grated reduced-fat Noble white cheddar.
  • Dessert was 25g of Yarra Valley Chocolaterie sugar-free dark chocolate.
  • Weight this morning was 102.5kg, a 500g gain on last week that has me a little deflated but I definitely know why it's happened.  I am definitely trying not to let happen again.

  So that's been my weekend folks, work, work, dinner, and more work.  I do not intend to work another weekend if I can possibly avoid it because although I still had a great time, it did take me away from other things I wish I had been doing.  I think Gub said it best tonight as we skyped, "It's weird how so often we disappoint ourselves instead of others".
  Goodnight all.  Sleep well, and have a great week.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment