Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feb 21 - An Unexpected Lunch Date

  I awoke this morning to the tune of my alarm as usual.  Unlike usual however, I switched it straight off and got up immediately.  I forwent the four snooze button presses for the sake of Mr Smart who was able to sleep a while longer.  He got up when I returned from my shower and started writing while watching the Barcelona v. AC Milan match and I went on getting ready for work.  All too soon I had to head off leaving Mr Smart to his creative endeavours.
  At around 11am Mr Smart dropped by my office on his way home.  My offsider and reception were delighted at getting to meet him at long last; both gave a conspiratorial thumbs up to me later which was sweet.  Mr Smart had a little shopping to do so he decided to do it at the centre on his way, rather than at the other end of his long drive.  His shopping took him up to noon when my lunch break normally starts, so we were able to have a nice lunch together before he headed off.  It was a lovely surprise.
  After lunch as we made our way back from TGIs, he explained that one of his errands had been to see if JB Hi Fi would price match an item he'd seen on clearance through the ozbargain website.  They had been unwilling to do so based purely on the third party website's say so.  As a result of this defeat, his next try was to be Officeworks, a little further on in the journey home.  I asked what the item was only to be met with a grin and an "I can't tell you that".  It's always exciting when someone tells you that knowing full well it's your birthday next week!
  The afternoon passed quickly, a blur of training my offsider up to cope with my rapidly nearing absence.  I was soon headed home and opening up the house to cool.  It's been a long humid spell but finally it cooled a bit tonight.  For all the thunder and breeze though, there was no storm here to accompany it, and it's not cooled as much as I'd have hoped.
  I made a very simple dinner, toasted sandwiches, and loaded the dishwasher and put the rubbish bins out.  It was much more pleasant to do those little housekeeping tasks in the somewhat cooler temperatures.  As I wrote yesterday's blog I watched a little Jeeves and Wooster and chatted idly to Jack Johnson.  Dad got home around 10pm and headed off to bed and it's very nearly time for me to do the same.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with Jalna a2 low fat natural yoghurt, pumpkin seeds and slivered almonds.
  • Morning snack was an apricot and a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a turkey Reuben sandwich with a side salad at TGI Fridays, with a lemon, lime and bitters to drink.
  • Afternoon snack was a just ripe banana.
  • Dinner was two toasted sandwiches, each contained two slices of Bürgen wholegrains & oats bread, one slice of Bega So Light tasty cheese and 65g Heinz baked beans.
  • Dessert was a 40g Cadbury Dark Bubbly chocolate bar (a bit like an Aero but dark chocolate and not minty).


  I think I'm finished in enough time to read a couple of chapters of my book tonight.  Nnanji is wounded, presumably mortally wounded given that the book is called The Death of Nnanji, but Shonsu-Wally is on the case to uncover the leaders of the vicious plot against them!  Is there anywhere a good book can't take us?
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment