Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Feb 5 - As You Wish

  I got some good news today, I can't release details yet, but hopefully this is the start of something new and interesting.  All will be revealed as soon as my hands are untied.  Suffice it to say, my Friday appointment has seen an opportunity soon to become a reality.  I'm excited and nervous all at once!
 Tonight I got home from work just in time to get changed for pilates and run out the door.  It was a good session this evening.  There were four of us in the class so there was a little bit of jostling for equipment but we all managed to get our exercises done.  Rush gave me a few pointers on better ways to do a couple of my exercises and I am getting better at balancing on the squishy board.  I managed thirty seconds on each leg twice.
  Once I got home it was just Mum and I for dinner.  Gub and the Cambridge Rower decided to have a romantic picnic as it is the Cambridge Rower's last night in Australia.  The poor things are going to be apart for the better part of the next two months.  Mum was giving serious consideration to the Kebab Joint and my arm didn't exactly need twisting at that suggestion so off we trotted.
  We decided to eat in and spent the time in that comfortable silence that only hunger and yummy food can bring to a table.  After we'd eaten we were pretty full but ogling the cake cabinet as we had ordered had got the better of us so we selected a small cake to take home and share.  We decided to watch a movie and we settled on that classic of classics, The Princess Bride.  Lots of chuckles, cake, and a happy ending.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with Jalna a2 low fat natural yoghurt, two small plums, pumpkin seeds and slivered almonds.
  • Morning snack was a yellow-flesh peach
  • Lunch was a toasted sandwich made of two slices of multigrain bread topped with horseradish cream, two slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese, rare roast beef (approx.120g), baby spinach, half a baked potato, and two sliced mushrooms.  Afterwards I had a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Afternoon snack was a 35g Carmen's yoghurt, apricot and almond bar and a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Exercise was a 45 minute clinical pilates class.
  • Dinner was a lamb kebab from the Kebab Joint followed by a cup of 250ml soda water topped up with approx. 200ml orange juice.
  • Dessert was half a mini Tobler's Own Cheesecake also from the Kebab Joint (I shared it with Mum).

  It's going to be a super-busy week at work this week and next.  With a couple of days out of the office at workshops next week everything else has to be reallocated into the surrounding days.  I'm going to try to start a little early tomorrow so it's off to bed with me!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment