Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feb 27 - And Another Birthday!

Happy Birthday Mum!
 
  Yes folks, my Mum's birthday is the day after mine.  Many years ago, thanks to my being born four days early, she spent her 21st birthday in hospital.  On the plus side for Mum, this did net her three birthday cakes.  The family brought one in, her high-school chum Oofa brought another and, lord love 'em, the nurses got her one too. 
  This year of course, Mum didn't get anything near as wonderful as a first born, but she did manage to get a Yamaha YCL650 Clarinet from Dad and a cupboard with many drawers from the rest of us (her four kids and their partners)My Mum is inordinately fond of attractive wooden furniture.
 My second last day at Forest Hill today.  When I greeted my offsider with that this morning she pouted and told me not to say it out loud.  We decided we should have lunch out together somewhere today, just the two of us.  We went up to TGI Fridays and I got to take care of my recent hamburger cravings.  Nom nom nom.
  After my offsider went home today I started clearing away my knick knacks and wall decorations into a box to travel with me to my new role in the city.  It was kind of sad.  At Forest Hill I have this huge white painted brick wall alongside my desk and it was just about covered in comic strips and pictures and photos.  I won't have nearly so much wall space at QV, and I've already been warned off using blutack on the walls, but I'm sure I'll find a way to make it homey.
  It was just a little bit drizzly when I left for the day and the air had cooled considerably since Monday.  It was a great day to be going for a walk as long as the clouds held in the majority of their burden.  Miss Mischief and I did our normal route tonight, but we went in the reverse direction.  It made for an interesting change.  You don't realise just how different the scenery will look simply by approaching it from the other side.  We spotted whole buildings that we'd never noticed before.
  Regrettably, next week Miss Mischief will be unavailable for a Wednesday walkie, is anyone else up for the challenge?

   Today's food and exercise were:

  • Lunch was a bacon cheeseburger, chips and a diet coke at TGI Fridays.
  • Afternoon snack was one Venetian biscuit and two dried apricots.
  • Dinner was three Vita-Weat soy, linseed and sesame lunch slices with Vegemite and three slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese.
    Dessert was two dark chocolate orange-flavoured Tim Tams.
  • Exercise was a brisk 50 minute, 3.8 km walk.

  Last night I stayed up way too late.  I think I put down my completed book The Death of Nnanji a about half past two this morning.  It might be a good idea for me not to start my new book just yet.  I have plenty to chose from but 50 Shades of Alice in Wonderland just seems the most tempting.  I might just play with my phone for a little bit instead.  Or maybe that's more risky...
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment