Sunday, February 3, 2013

Feb 2 - It's Groundhog Day!

  Today I did housework and entertained my nephew while Bertie got some stuff done at home.  I got a few loads of laundry done and my nephew eagerly helped around the house.  While I hung out washing he picked up the yucky lemons from the ground under my lemon tree and put them into the compost bin.  While I loaded the dishwasher he played with GoGo.  When I emptied the bin, he carried out the recycling.  It's fun having a teeny tiny helper.
  Bertie came back at lunch time to join us at The Pancake Parlour.  My nephew and I had found coupons so I had promised him a pancake meal.  Two for one short stacks!  He got through almost a whole pancake and most of his scoop of vanilla icecream.  I ended up with way more maple syrup on my pancakes than normal as he wanted to use their fancy jug and I'm the sucker who lets him.
  After lunch we did a spot of grocery shopping and I grabbed some Ingham Chicken Breast Safari Shapes.  My nephew is not a big eater but he can usually be convinced to eat chicken nuggets especially when they are shaped like zebras, elephants and giraffes.  We got back to my place and Bertie headed off to run a few more errands.  She returned for dinner with a little thank you present for me, mini bottles of Moscato so I can open one whenever I fancy a glass.   We grabbed kebabs for dinner and then settled on the couch for my nephew's choice of viewing.  Somehow we managed to get through all three Madagascar movies with the aid of a large bowl of popcorn.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 160g Gippsland Dairy Twist mango and blood orange yoghurt.
  • Lunch was two buckwheat pancakes and one buttermilk pancake with whipped butter and maple syrup at The Pancake Parlour.
  • Dinner was a lamb kebab from the Kebab Joint.
  • After dinner snack was microwave butter flavoured popcorn and a glass of 250ml soda water and 250ml orange juice.
  • Supper was an elephant shaped chicken nugget and six sweet potato gems.

  My nephew managed to stay up pretty late tonight owing to an earlier nap, so I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to watch the movie Groundhog Day, on Groundhog Day.  I'm sure I'll be over it in the morning though.. or will I?
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment