Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Apr 30 - Another Month Down

  I left work at about 8:00pm tonight, though that not as late as it might seem to some because I didn't start until 10:00am today and I did take a short dinner break.  I spent almost all of today working on reconciling one particular account code.  This code is supposed to have a balance of $0.00 at the end of each month... it's pretty bloody far from that right now.  I dumped all the transaction history into an Excel spreadsheet and I've been matching transactions off one by one as I spot the sets that do cancel out correctly.  Whatever is left will be what needs investigating and correcting.  It's not a hard process, but it is time consuming and occasionally mind-numbing.  It is unfortunately though, critical that it gets sorted out in the next six weeks.
  I ventured out to Haigh's again at lunchtime to get another block of their dark chocolate with cardamom.  TwoWrongs put forward the theory that it would go well with whiskey.  It sounded like a theory that should be tested so since I couldn't pick a good whiskey to save myself I elected to be responsible for the chocolate procurement.  I also bought a bag of ten dark chocolate frogs to share with the guys at work.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was Uncle Toby's creamy honey oats with Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy orchard peaches and mango yoghurt.
  • Morning snack was a 350ml Preshafruit apple and lemon juice and a pluot.
  • Lunch was a 300g red Thai chicken soup with a toasted English muffin spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g), followed by a slightly unripe banana.
  • Afternoon snacks were a Haigh's dark chocolate frog and a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a ready-made 500g chicken and leek risotto with a splash of white wine and parmesan.  It was ok but I don't think it deserved the name risotto.. savoury rice pudding perhaps.  It was good to have it on hand though so that I wasn't tempted to go for takeaway options.
  • Dessert was another Haigh's dark chocolate frog eaten simultaneously with a dried peach half.
  • Exercise was twenty minutes on the cross trainer at load 2.
  Not much to tell today really.  Work was draining and now I'm going to enjoy the fact that I'm finished the blog before midnight andgo and read my book for a little while before sleep overwhelms me.  Goodnight all.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment