Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Apr 14 - Lazy Day

  I woke up a few times in the morning as little feet thundered up and down the corridor.  I managed to get back to sleep until about 8am I think.  I got up and wandered down to the living room to find Mr Smart's sister and nephew nestled in the bean bag watching Ice Age 4: Continental Drift.  No wonder he had quietened down.  Bribery and corruption!
  Mr Smart woke not long after me and we headed back to his place for a quiet day.  Him studying, me catching up on reading.  We'd not been back long when I decided to go for a little walk and get a few errands done.  I'd been lying down reading and I sat up and, Bam! Vertigo sucks.  It wasn't terribly bad, so I still managed a careful walk to do my errands.
  On my return I retreated back to the comfort of Mr Smart's quilts with Pizza Cat by my side and got lost in my book until lunch.  Mr Smart Snr made a delicious Sunday roast for lunch.  It was a real treat for me, and probably my first roast in about six months or more.  After lunch I retreated to bed again and read my book until I nodded off for a nap.  Pizza Cat is a remarkably loyal companion when you are warm and pat her in your sleep.
  I woke from my brief nap to the sound of the front door.  Mr Smart's mother had arrived and today I was officially meeting her.  It went relatively well I think.  I asked about her goat curry recipe and she invited me to visit to learn how to make it.  I might take her up on that at some stage as I find it a lot easier to learn cooking techniques by watching and trying them.
  She had noticed a garage sale down the street.  I had noticed it too earlier, but didn't feel up to it then.  I felt a little better after my nap so we wandered down there together to check it out.  They had records!  I got two, one for me and one for Dad.  And I got a book called A Perfectly Kept House is the Sign of A Misspent Life which is subtitled How to live creatively with collections, clutter, work, kids, pets, art, etc... and stop worrying about everything being perfectly in its place.  Not worrying about it is definitely an alternative to doing anything about it.  To round my purchases off to a flat $20 I also got the lady to throw in this cute little owl figure.  He's actually a jar which means he qualifies as storage, not clutter.... sure, that works.
  After our little garage sale jaunt, Mr Smart's mother went home and I had another teensy nap then read some more and watched an episode of Doctor Who and read some more.  All of this whiling away of time was done with dual purpose.  Number one, I needed to relax and feel better so that I could eventually get home safely and number two, the Central Coast Mariners vs. Melbourne Victory semi-final.  Regrettably, the result did not go the way we'd hoped.  So we commiserated with an Indian takeaway for dinner. 

  Sunday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee and a yoghurt and apricot slice.
  • Lunch was a delicious pork roast with crackling, apple sauce, green beans, sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, parsnip and gravy followed by a five square strip of Whittaker's 72% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Dinner was from Maharaja Tandoori Cuisine.  We had an entree of Tangri Kabab with salad which is chicken drumstics roasted in the tandoor after being marinated overnight in yoghurt and spices followed by a main course of Chicken Bhuna atop Jeera rice with a spinach wrap in place of roti.
 

  I eventually made it home ok to my somewhat neglected house guest.  I was probably still a bit vague though. This vertigo crap is really getting on my nerves so it's time for me to do a bit more follow up with the doctor.  Surely if it was just an inner ear infection it would've cleared up by now?  It's been three weeks and I'm still getting bouts of it.
.  I spent the remainder of the evening wrestling with reinstalling my printer/scanner which had decided to stop working in my absence.  A frustration, but I triumphed in the end.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment