Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Apr 3 - Noodles 'n' GoT

  Today was perhaps not as productive as it could have been, but despite still feeling overwhelmed I feel like I made some headway.  The lack of productivity though, stemmed from something that had to be done.  I just couldn't stand not knowing what was in all the folders on the shelf in my office!  So I gave everything an initial going through with a view of assessing what was there, how it was filed, if it was needed or if it could be converted to electronic storage in time.
  I also managed to do a quick walk at lunch time down to the JB HiFi on Elizabeth Street to buy a couple of CDs!  That's right.  This little Luddite is now the proud owner of two old-fashioned-fudyy-duddy CDs that are hers to keep, DRM free!  That's right iTunes, I've haven't just licensed the tracks, I own them.  I can't believe that I had to explain why I still love CDs to two separate people today, one of the boys at work and Mr Smart!
  I bought Sing to the Moon by Laura Mvula, the one that captured my attention yesterday, and My One And Only Thrill by Melody Gardot.  Big thanks to auspOp for opening my eyes to both artists.


  After work I headed north up Brunswick Street, through Hipsterville central, trying desperately not to ram any cyclists (they were not making it easy on me).  I was stopped at the lights at Alexandra Parade in front of the Royal Derby and had a bit of a giggle at their A-frame announcing Husband Creche!  Is he getting under your skin?  Why not leave him with us while you shop? Just pay for his drinks and we will look after him for you.
  My destination this evening was of course, Mr Smart's.  I arrived just on tea time so we wandered down to Preston Noodle in High Street to grab some dinner.  My noodles were delicious.  Seafood and vermicelli noodles with lemongrass and chilli.
  To accompany our dinner, we watched the new episode of Game of Thrones (the third time for Mr Smart).  I was a few days getting to it and I suppose I could've watched it by myself but it's more fun to watch with Mr Smart, he giggles when I flinch at the scary bits.  Most of my favourite characters were present, Daenerys Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister are my particular favourites, but a couple were noticeably absent namely, Arya Stark and Varys!  It will be harder to wait for next week's episode!
  I headed home not too late, leaving Mr Smart to fit in some more writing or study.  It still meant getting home at 9pm and then failing to start the blog straight away because I wanted to play with my new CDs.  I feel very time poor at the moment but I'm glad I got to spend a couple of relaxing hours with Mr Smart, that always feels like time well spent.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a Texan cranberry muffin from Woolworths.
  • Morning snack was some green seedless grapes and a yellow-flesh plum.
  • Lunch was a Mission wholegrain wrap topped with baby spinach, a small truss tomato, about 97g of Dorsogna triple smoked ham, Lebanese cucumber and one stripe of Praise 99% fat free mayonnaise.
  • Dinner was two and a half steamed dim sims and lemongrass and chilli seafood noodles in a box from Preston Noodle.  Nom nom nom.

  I'm pleased to say that I've got lunch for this week and next week sorted now.  I shouldn't need to buy any more lunches until Friday next week.  I have wrap ingredients to last out this week and soups for next week, I will need a bag of rolls at the start of next week but I can always get that when I get my week's worth of fruit.  It's not all completely back on track as you can see from my essentially cake breakfast but it's a step in the right direction to have lunches organised.
  Bed time!  Sweet dreams everyone.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment