Friday, April 12, 2013

Apr 11 - Dinner, GoT & A Little More Talk

  On Thursday morning I rose, showered, and got ready for work.  While I was in the shower, Mr Smart made me a pod coffee and I found myself very grateful that a new beginning does not mean you have to lose all old habits.  I've always loved my coffees at Mr Smart's, even though I don't usually drink coffee otherwise.  It tasted a little different to normal and I asked him if it was a different type of pod.  He had wondered if I'd pick the difference, but no it was my usual Dulsão do Brasi, the difference was he had used full cream milk instead of skinny.  It was still lovely, but I think I prefer the skinny milk version (unusual for me as I'm a big fan of full cream).
  At Mr Smart's suggestion, I left my car at his place and caught the train into work, to return later for dinner and the latest episode of Game of Thrones which we'd not got to on Wednesday night.  He made sure I had an umbrella before I set off, as it was lightly drizzling, and I'm very glad he did as it was definitely raining a bit harder before I got to the train station and even harder when I got into the city.
  Work was work, spreadsheets and what not, but of course my mind wasn't on it 100%.  I was feeling the newness and fragility of our relationship and it made me a little over-cautious with some of my communications to Mr Smart during the day (he pointed it out to me later).  Not the worst thing I suppose, but I want to be careful not to come off as a text-book communicator too.
  On my train ride home Mr Smart texted me some dinner options and by the time I got to his place the food was ordered and I walked with him to collect it from Maharaja Tandoori Cuisine.  From the options given I had picked Beef Kashmiri (tender pieces of beef cooked with dried fruit, cashews, tomato and onion) and Chili Chicken Dry (fried chicken marinated in soy sauce and seasonings, garlic and green chilli sauce and then sauted with onions and capsicum) it was a sticky chilli delight with the onions very caramelised!
  During dinner we were idly watching but not watching The Project, which in parts I actually found quite amusing.  I like Charlie Pickering as a comedian and he definitely has his funny moments on the show.  After dinner of course, was Game of Thrones!  This episode covered all my favourites not covered in last week's episode except Varys!  He's still missing in action and I'm hoping he'll turn up soon.  It was another great episode, and as always it was over far too soon!

  Thursday's food was:

  • A Nespresso Dulsão do Brasil pod coffee made with full cream milk.
  • Morning snack was half an orange poppy seed muffin.
  • Lunch was a classic pork bánh mì from roll'd.  A Vietnamese-French baguette with pâté, mayonnaise, sliced pork, pickled carrot, coriander, cucumber and spring onions.  I also tried one of their home made peach iced teas.  It was lovely but too sweet for every day, a summer treat perhaps.
  • Afternoon snack was a nashi pear.
  • Dinner was a large bowl of white quinoa with beef kashmiri and chili chicken dry with a spinach wrap in place of roti and a glass and a half of Fiorella Syrah Dolcetto, wine of course being essential if one is going to toast new beginnings.

  After our TV watching finished we talked a little bit more about how we thought things were going.  I think it's good that we're both viewing the talks as having gone successfully, though we've both acknowledged that a large part of this has been planning what we should do going fowards.  Planning is one thing, but it's another thing to make sure we both put it into practice and that's the most important part.  I'm still hopeful that we'll both put in the effort needed, I think I owe it to myself to make sure I do at any rate.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment