Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Apr 9 - Preparation

  I got up from the train station into Melbourne Central at 9:00am exactly this morning.  I know so, because I got to see the enormous clock and hear Waltzing Matilda.  I'm not sure exactly why Melbourne Central has an enormous touristy pocket-watch filled with Australiana but it does, and it's a rather pleasant thing to see people standing about taking photos of it.

  Work passed along fine enough.  I found some more pieces of the car park jigsaw, entered some invoices and started remodeling a spreadsheet to do more of the work for me.  It's a spreadsheet that's bugged me for years and I finally have the motivation to have at it.  There will be 'If' statements, vertical look-ups and data validation aplenty by the time I'm through with it.  It might take a little while but the improvement of use will be worth it.
  When I got off the bus this evening I was extremely tempted to walk straight into the Kebab Joint and grab something for dinner.  I struggled with the decision but convinced myself to go home first and check the kitchen, in the end I used things I had to hand though I'm not sure if the kebab would've been the worst choice really.
  Mr Smart and I chatted online again about what we might eat for dinner when we meet tomorrow evening for a meal, an episode of Game of Thrones and our first 'in person' bit talk about things we need to work through and discuss.  I suspect sub-consciously, my decision not to have Kebab Joint tonight may have influenced our eventual choice of Stalactites (a major Melbourne kebab venue).
  At any rate, tonight while Mr Smart studied, I pondered and wrote down a lot of things I wanted to discuss with him.  What I didn't like or want, what I did like and want, our differences (both trivial and significant), what I was willing to try and my fears.  It's not that I need a script to know those sorts of things, it's just that once I'm discussing serious things in person with someone who is very important to me, I tend to get overwhelmed and just draw a blank.  I think I'm ready, I hope I'm ready.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 35g Carmen's yoghurt, apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a dried peach half and a yellow-flesh nectarine (though not the one in the picture, that one was gross inside as was the next one I tried).
  • Lunch was a 300g red Thai style chicken soup with a toasted multigrain muffin spread with Devondale extra spreadable butter followed by 10g Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Afternoon snack was a nashi pear.
  • Dinner was two toasted sandwiches made from, four slices of Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread, three slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese and a drained 95g tin of Sole Mare tuna in olive oil, followed by a 200g punnet of Perino snacking tomatoes.

  I'm as ready as I can be.  Wish me luck!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment