Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1 - Happy Beltaine

  I wanted to get to work early today so I left the house at 6:50am and was rewarded with the beautiful colours and serenity of a still rising sun.


  Work was ok today.  Things have started to move off my desk at a more effective rate and, knock on wood, I felt almost in control.  The only bad thing that happened was I had a nasty phone call from a disgruntled lady.  She had sent a request in to the office but unfortunately we had assigned those sorts of requested to a third party last month.  I did her the courtesy of telling her so by email and received a verbal ear bashing in return.  Apparently I am 'appalling'.
  I eventually wore her down by politely stating and restating that I was sorry I couldn't help and what she needed to do to get what she was after from the third party.  She was just angry at the system but she chose to take it out on me.  That shits me.  I sometimes have to ring customer service when I'm angry at a mistake a company has made but I am always very clear to the operator that I understand that the problem is not personally their fault.  This lady today did me no such courtesy.  I was the devil incarnate, put on this earth to spite her.  I got through it without telling her to fuck off, but it was very draining.
  Fortunately, a bright spot loomed on my horizon and in just a few short hours I heard Mr Smart's voice asking for me in reception.  We couldn't have our Game of Thrones night tonight due to other commitments, but we decided to have dinner together all the same.
  We went to check out duNord first, but they ended up only have bar snack type things, no meals per se, so instead we opted to find the second Huxtaburger, hidden down a dark alleyway off Flinders Lane.  Their food was as delicious as the original Huxtaburger in Collingwood and the decor and in restaurant seating is a little nicer.  We sat in a little bar stool booth and ate our burgers while we chatted away.  My burger was very juicy, and my hands got messy from it.  When I exclaimed to Mr Smart that I had juice on my hands he laughed and said "Juice? Not greasy burger oil?".. well I stand by juice.  Meat juice, but juice nonetheless, though pineapple and beetroot juices were definitely in the mix!
  After dinner, and thoroughly wiping our hands clean, we headed back up to San Churro at QV for coffee and dessert.  As we arrived at QV the police were corralling a small group of May Day marchers (for International Worker's Day).  They were peacefully plodding along issuing their message on a megaphone somewhat quietly.  We enjoyed dessert and coffee, well I enjoyed dessert and Mr Smart enjoyed coffee, until it was time for Mr Smart to head off to writer's group.  He did that, and I headed home.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a dried peach half, a dried pear half, four Brazil nuts and a 45g Carman's Classic fruit muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a red plum, a Haigh's dark chocolate frog (the last one) and a dried peach half.
  • Lunch was a 300g lamb and barley soup with a toasted English muffin spread with one portion of The Laughing Cow cheese spread (17.5g).
  • Dinner was a Huxtaburger called "Bill" with a small chipotle fries.  The "Bill" contains: beef pattie, mustard, mayo, tomato sauce, tomato, cheese, lettuce, pickles, bacon, egg, pineapple and beetroot.
  • Dessert was three churros with cinnamon sugar and dark chocolate dipping sauce at Chocolateria San Churro at QV.
  • Exercise was twenty minutes on the cross trainer at load 2.
  • Weight this morning was 98.4kg which means despite everything I've been eating and all the added stress and disruption to my routine, I've still not gained!  Woohoo!
  Also, it occurred to me today that I've passed day 300 so I thought I should probably give you all an updated picture of me, so here I am shortly after exercise.


  That's it cats and kittens, time for me to be sliding into bed and enjoying a book before sleepytime.  Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment