Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Apr 15 - Argh!

Where my work day begins and ends.

  I quite like the commute most days, but now that daylight savings is over it does tend to be a bit dark and cold by the time I get home.  I got to the train station tonight at 6:35pm and just missed a good express train home.  The next one was only 6 minutes away though, so no biggy I thought to myself.  It is good living on a busy train line.
  The train got in to Springvale at 7:19pm, just in time to allow me to watch my bus sail past.  The next one was 11 minutes.  Argh!  A "first world problem" to be sure, but it was cold and dark and I don't have a winter coat yet.  I am definitely going to need one this winter!  I've lost nearly 28kg of insulating blubber after all, and I'm catching public transport which always leaves you standing about in the cold for at least brief periods of time.
  The one good thing I've noticed about coming home late on public transport is that there still seems to be a lot of other commuters, so I feel quite safe.  Tonight there was a young man in a Coles uniform waiting for the bus with me and we shared one of those little 'mini friendships' that you can only have in those brief moments two paths cross.
  Of course it was almost 8:00pm when I alighted the bus.  The proximity of the Kebab Joint made it too great a temptation tonight.  I tried something new, their gozleme.  It was nice and nicer still dipped into the eggplant dip, but it was a bit far away from things I'm trying to eat (meaning it was too difficult to convince myself that it had any health-giving properties) so I most likely won't have it again.

  Work today was frustrating and I am feeling really rather overwhelmed.  I know I can be my own harshest critic, but there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to fit everything in let alone sit quietly and slowly absorb the information I need in order to do things properly.  At the moment I am just dealing with spot fires.  Whoever yells loudest gets seen to first.  I don't like working that way.  I know it's only temporary while things get sorted out, and I know it will get better.  I know both of these things in my logical brain but the rest of me is running around in circles screaming.

  Monday's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 35g Carmen's dark choc blueberry and almond muesli bar and a 35g Carmen's yoghurt apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Lunch was a 300g Indian Masala Dahl skinny soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread spread with Devondale butter followed by some green grapes.
  • Afternoon snacks were an unripe banana and a nashi pear.
  • Dinner was a cheese and parsley gozleme and a half a tub of eggplant dip (like tzatziki but with eggplant).
  • Dessert was a 40g Cadbury dark Bubbly bar.
 

  Even though I was feeling better this morning too, I still remembered to ring the doctor.  I'm sure Granny C at least will be pleased to read that I've made an appointment for first thing next Monday morning to discuss the ongoing vertigo problems.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. She was the kind of woman removed from reality ... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete