Sunday, April 28, 2013

Apr 27 - More Movies!


  What a beautiful day it was today!  Sun was shining, breeze was strong but not chilly.  I went and enjoyed the sun for a few minutes.  The dark long days have been a bit hard to handle of late so I've recommenced taking a Vitamin D supplement for the remainder of autumn and winter.  I had a late delicious autumnal breakfast (at lunchtime) of Uncle Toby's creamy honey oats with Dairy Farmer's Thick & Creamy orchard peach and mango yoghurt, followed by a small afternoon snack of four dried peach halves.


  It was a slowish day.  I did some laundry today, started Friday's blog, but before long it was time to head to Mr Smart's for dinner and more movies!  Mr Smart wasn't feeling very well this week so I drove to his place via Lamb's in Northcote and picked us up a yummy dinner.  A tub of Gyros lamb for Mr Smart, and Moussaka for me!  I had Moussaka, a roast potato, some Greek salad (more than pictured) a few bits of Mr Smart's lamb and some tzatziki.  After dinner, Mr Smart made cups of green tea with lemon and we settled on the couch for movies!


  I explained my intention to watch more movies I'd never seen before to Mr Smart, my intent to watch more movies I'd never seen before.  I suggested that I should at long last watch one of Mr Smart's favourite films, Memento.  There is not much I can say about it without spoiling it for people but it was definitely an amazing piece of cinema.  A unique idea and unique delivery.  Apparently Inception was done by the same people, but I have to say I infitely preferred Memento.  I would re-watch Memento.
  Our second movie of the evening was a 3D animation special, ParaNorman.  Mr Smart has a 3D monitor which means wearing these lovely fashion accessories pictured here.  Completely dorky I know, but it's totally worth it to get to watch 3D in the comfort of a home space!  The movie was ok. I had wanted to see it for a while, I like animated features, but it was a fairly generic story.  Misunderstood boy saves world kind of thing.  I enjoyed it but it's not one I'd re-watch, not without my nephew or neices anyway!
  My weekend movie madness continues Sunday but with old favourites!
  Stay tuned to read all about it.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment