Friday, April 5, 2013

Apr 5 - A Calorie Shared Is A Calorie Halved?

  I lay down last night and the room span.  Stupid vertigo is back it appears.  It was not as bad as last time.  I managed to sleep and I managed to get up in the morning.  Once I was up and about it was sort of ok though I had a head full of vague.  I caught public transport to work, but at least I managed to get through the work day.  My desk is even starting to look respectable (knock on wood).
  The Friday night procedure at work is kind of fun.  The guys collect the quizzes out of the paper during the week and then we all sit around and test our knowledge on a Friday night.  There is a lot of guessing and a lot of laughter.  I got one of the 'Who Am I?'s today.  It was May Gibbs: Snugglepot and Cuddlepie for the win!  I also got some random 'name that year' question.  I can't even remember what the question was but 1967 came out of my mouth and it turned out to be correct.  Pure ballsy luck that one.
  Tonight was a birthday dinner for Bear, a friend of Bertie's and by extension a friend of mine.  There were a lot of mutual friends there too, Bertie and Tricky obviously, Allmix, TwoWrongs, Muttley, my ex-Sister-in-Law and weirdly enough, a guy I went to school with about twenty years ago.  As it turns out he went to two high schools, mine and Bear's!
  Bertie showed up in her latest eBay purchase, a Disney's Stitch themed onesie.  Bear loves the character Stitch and her present was a matching onesie.  They donned armour, so to speak, for photos.  Bertie joked that her present was so funny that 'she had Bear in stitches'.  Groan.  You can tell she grew up in this family.  Cheesey puns are a house specialty.  They changed out of the onesies pretty quick smart after photos though, it wasn't a warm night but they are chenille which is a very warm fabric.
  I got to meet some lovely new people, Bear's family and extended friends and relations, and it was nice to catch up with my ex-Sister-in-law.  She seems to be doing well and being happy which is really lovely to know.  It was a bit awkward for me to talk to her after her brother and I divorced but it didn't feel awkward now after all this time has passed.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was two toasted slices of Bürgen wholemeal and seeds bread with Vegemite.
  • Morning snack was a bunch of green seedless grapes, a yellow-flesh plum and a dried peach half.
  • Lunch was a Mission wholegrain wrap topped with baby spinach, about 97g of Dorsogna triple smoked ham, Praise 99% fat free mayonnaise, Lebanese cucumber, and a small truss tomato.
  • Afternoon snack was a Royal Gala apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was at Nachos Mexican Cantina for Bear's birthday.  I tried not to let my eyes be bigger than my tummy.
  • I shared an entree of nachos with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos.  They were a little light on jalapenos!  I also tried a tiny amount of the 'Black Dog' super-hot salsa.  I was grabbing for the sour cream coated chips at that point!
  • Nachos are a big entree so for main I limited myself to a single seafood taco and a big bowl of Mexican salad (iceberg lettuce, grated carrot, grated cheese in a lemon and honey dressing).
  • For dessert I shared a serve of chocolate mousse in a chocolate bowl.

  Not a bad day, vertigo blah aside.  At least this time around it doesn't seem to be affecting my side to side head motions as bad.  I felt comfortable driving myself to the restaurant and home again but the up and down motion and the lying down motion kind of sucks, so you can see why I'm up so late, sleeping might not be so easy tonight.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment