Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Apr 2 - Trogg Day

  Had a bit of a grumpy day today.  Traffic was hell due to my not realising that St Kilda Road was partially closed for Domain Interchange tram line works for the duration of the school holidays.  I am normally no where near St Kilda Road but today I offered to drop Dad in at work on my way.  It took me slightly more than an hour and a half to get from Union Street to Kings Way (where the detour was).  If you refer to the Google Map below, you'll see how long that usually takes.


  Despite a very frustrating morning, I managed to complete a few things.  I am still feeling overwhelmed and tired but I tried, and I think succeeded, in making a few better choices despite buying two out of three meals.  Also, I discovered that my pre-wrapped pieces of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate are actually only 5g each, so two pieces is now 10g.  I shall stick with that for the time being rather than eating four instead.
  Anyway, all frustrations aside, today is the second ever annual Trogg Day and the first without our beloved Reg Presley RIP, so from Pope Teddy Dog I and Cardinal Jess, we wish you a very happy Trogg Day.  Teddy and I like to make up fun little stories and games, and in this case, a whole way of thinking based purely on a rock band.  Allow me to share with you, The Eleven Commandments of The Trogg:
  1. A Trogg Shall Love
  2. A Trogg Oughta Know For Sure
  3. A Trogg Does The Wild Thing
  4. A Trogg Should Be Infinitely Patient with Those They Love
  5. A Trogg Should Persevere
  6. A Trogg Shall Be Moved
  7. A Trogg Must Feel The Rhythm Deep Inside
  8. A Trogg Should Keep It Simple, Doubt is the Enemy of The Trogg
  9. A Trogg Should Not Be Deceptive Nor Beguile the Innocent
  10. A Trogg Should Live in the Now
  11. It's never possible to be 100% Trogg.
   Teddy and I wrote those at 3am in the morning one night in Boston in September 2011 and I know we both still value and refer to those rules we set for ourselves.  I urge all of you to do something Troggy this week.  Hug someone who needs one, tell people you love them, be confident, be spontaneous, dance around the living room in your undies!  'Cos you oughta know... it'll make you feel good.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli topped with Jalna low-fat vanilla yoghurt, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds and craisins.
  • Lunch was a classic pork bánh mì from roll'd.  It's a Vietnamese-French baguette with pâté, mayonnaise, sliced pork, pickled carrot, coriander, cucumber and spring onions.  It was only $6.60 and it was bloody delicious and very satisfying and was an infinitely better choice than sugary buns from Breadtop.  I also had a yellow-flesh peach and a small unripe banana.
  • Dinner was a small bento box, a salt and pepper calamari hand roll and a small tub of Japanese mayonnaise from Sushi Sushi.  Again, it was a better choice than Breadtop which is definitely my key temptation at work.
  • Dessert was 10g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  I was cheered up a little tonight by discovering a new musical delight.  I was reading the latest entries on a friend's blog, auspOp.  This entry on Laura Mvula has her amazing song That's Alright attached to it.  I felt good and stronger for having listened.  I devoured more tracks from the album on youtube and I intend to buy the album before the weekend!
  Goodnight all you fabulous Troggs out there.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment