Monday, April 29, 2013

Apr 29 - Jess Needs To Stress Less

  I had a dizzy spell on the train (not a vertigo one, a normal one) which saw me need to leave the train at South Yarra to sit down for a while before continuing on.  I had eaten breakfast and slept relatively well so I'm not sure what prompted this one.  There weren't any symptoms of illness for the remainder of the day either so I'll just have to monitor it and see.  I am going to try eating breakfast before showering and trying to get more sleep.
  Time is such a precious commodity at the moment and I seem to have less and less of it.  At work things are plodding along but I never have enough time to devote myself wholly to any one task requiring that level of concentration.  At home, things are plodding along too.  I haven't run out of clean clothes so far and though the dishes definitely need doing, I will get to them, but nothing is getting decluttered in the way I would like.
  I realised today, as April closes, that there are only six weeks now (or just under) until end of financial year at work.  This is a terrifying thought.  Things are improving, but slowly and the pressure will be on to have everything completed and reconciled by that date.  I'm just not entirely sure that it's possibly, in fact I'm pretty sure it isn't.
  Worries aside, the day was not all bad and it finished nicely.  Mr Smart sent me a link to a special deal on at Salsa's.  Today only their Chica Chia burrito was only $5.00, that's a cheap and filling dinner.  It took me a while to find them because frankly I didn't realise there was a second food court at Melbourne Central, but I got there in the end.  I'm considering keeping a few dinners in the fridge at work for the time being.  I have a feeling there will be a few late nights in the next six weeks.
  Oh well.. I think I just need to resolve to try not to worry about any of it.  I will do what I can and what I have to but I need to focus on doing things that are fun, relaxing and good for me.  To that end, I got on the cross trainer tonight.  I only did twenty minutes of Communitysizing, but it's better than doing nothing.  I need to remember that.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a small bowl of Dairy Farmer's Light & Creamy orchard peaches and mango yoghurt and a 45g Carman's apricot and almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was two sesame wheat crackers, a red plum and two dried peach halves.
  • Lunch was a 300g sweet potato and pumpkin skinny soup with a toasted English muffin spread with Devondale butter.
  • Afternoon snack was a green nashi pear, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a Salsa's Chica Chia burrito.  A chia seed tortilla filled with chicken, guacamole, chipotle sauce, lettuce and salsa fresca.  It was very yummy and filling, didn't feel fatty and was pleasantly spicy.

  • Exercise was twenty minutes on the cross trainer at load 2.
  • Post exercise snack was six plain cashews, a dried pear half and four Brazil nuts.
  The evening passed in relative quiet, I got a load of laundry done (and nearly froze my fingers off in the process), but I did get to do one more fun thing for the day.  On the weekend, my wonderful Mr Smart gifted me four new maps for Ticket To Ride (a choo-choo-train game on Steam of which I'm rather fond).  Tonight he found time to play a few games with me.  I won the first two playing on the new Asia map, but he snatched victory from me in the third game on one of the three new American maps!
  One of the loveliest things about playing games of any sort with Mr Smart, is knowing that he'll never 'let' me win.


  Well it's midnight now chums, so much for getting more sleep!  Though maybe I'll do a late start at work tomorrow, the trains were hell today as it was!  Apparently some track works ran late so they cancelled half the bloody rush hour trains.  No idea how that works but there you have it.  Goodnight, sweet dreams and here's to a happy tomorrow.
  Jess

2 comments:

  1. I used to always get woozy on the train to work - doctor had no idea why. My guess was the combination of standing, eating breakfast -after- the train instead of before, being packed in with people, and being a little shaken around. I found it helped if I managed to get a seat, and I started carrying my fan (one of those folding ones) in my handbag, ignoring how silly it looked, and fanning myself when it got bad. It did help. Water probably would have too, but I never carried my water bottle around back then :p

    ReplyDelete