Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Apr 23 - A Sense Of Accomplishment

  Ow. Ow. Ow.  My calves hurt.  It was pretty bad yesterday, but worse today!  Apparently doing the thousand steps downhill first has it's disadvantages.  Mr Smart is also in considerable pain but I'm sure we'll both recover gradually.  The biggest problem was that I needed to use the photocopier a lot today, and not just all at once, intermittently throughout the day which meant traipsing up and down half the length of the office with stiff robot legs over and over.  My co-workers were unmerciful in their teasing.
  Today was a good day at work.  For the first time in quite a while, I feel like something is 'finished'.  Although the capex accruals are a monthly deadline, it's the sort of thing that once it's right, I know it won't get out of control again.  I reconciled each accrual line back to the base of approved funds and I feel satisfied that I've captured and corrected any anomalies.  It gave me a massive sense of accomplishment and I also got it done a day early which was nice.  Normally they don't like us to do it early but I checked with the powers that be at Head Office and she gave me the okey dokey.
  My desk has gotten a little bit neater today and hopefully by clearing off just a few bits of paper every day I will get there in the end.  I doubt much will move for the next couple of days though, capex accruals might be done but the centre accruals are just beginning and they take a hell of a lot longer to process, especially when I'm using them to trouble shoot other issues along the way.  Oh well, I will plug away at things and I will get there in the end.  If I'm not fast enough for anyone else that will just be their tough luck, I do things right but not necessarily fast.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a toasted English muffin topped with two rashers of short cut bacon and a fried egg, sunny-side down followed by a small ripe banana.
  • Morning snack was a red plum.
  • Lunch was a 300g home-style lamb and barley soup with a toasted English muffin spread with Devondale butter.
  • Dinner was two Mission original wraps, one filled with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and two sweet chilli chicken tenders and the other filled with lettuce, tomato, Heinz light salad cream and fish fingers.  The chicken and fish fingers were both done in the AirFryer.
  • Dessert was 10g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  It was a pretty humdrum evening all up.  I paid some bills, one of which was house and contents insurance which always hurts a little but at least I didn't feel ripped off this year.  I switched providers last year and it seems to have worked out well for me.  But enough of that excitement, it's time for me to rest my weary head.  Goodnight everyone.
  Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment