Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jan 6 - Operation Declutter is Go!

  Today my fabulous sister Bertie came over with my nephew to spend the day and she brought me a totally awesome Voodoo Gingerbreadman (which I ate for afternoon tea)!  She also agreed to help me with a couple of important tasks today.  Super huge thanks to her for all her support and patience!
  First cab off the rank was my weigh in and new measurements!  I weighed in at 103.2kg, that's a 2.3kg loss since my final 'official' weigh in for December and takes my current total loss up to 23.5kg (51.8 lbs).  Woohoo!
 

  Measurement wise, since my initial measurements taken back on August 28th 2012, I have lost a total of 11.0 cm off my bust, 9.5 cm off my waist and 14.5 cm off my hips.  I have even lost at least 4.0 cm of each of my calves and 2.5 cm off each of my forearms!  Those are two spots that I've rarely seen movement in on previous weight-loss attempts.  Things are definitely shrinking!
  We settled my nephew in with movies, Lego and phone games and I poured Bertie a drink and we started the very first Operation Declutter!  Phase 1 - Wardrobe!  I was going to wait for Gub to get back from Adelaide to do the wardrobe but the mood struck me today and Bertie was willing so off we went.  I tried on every item of clothing I own.  If it didn't fit but was good quality, it went into bags to be dropped off to charity, if it was not longer of good quality it went into a bag for the bin.
  I have a big built-in wardrobe and had a lot of clothes I hadn't even seen in a long time, so we broke for lunch at noon, having completed roughly half of the task.  Lunch gave me a chance to show off the AirFryer to Bertie by making a big bowl of sweet potato fries for us to share!  I had a half a medium tub of Coles Deli Mediterranean Pasta Salad and roughly a third of the sweet potato fries pictured.  After my lunch I also helped my nephew finish his by eating five of his chicken nuggets.


  We got right back to wardrobe cleansing after our brief break and by the end of the process we had three large garbage bags and one smaller plastic bag full of items to go to charity.  We also had one large garbage bag to go straight into the bin without agonizing over it.  To ensure I didn't struggle with any mind changes, Bertie took all the goods for charity with her when she left and took them straight to the charity bins.  She is so great!


  There were a few pieces that I struggled with.  One particularly nice deep red jacket has been retained to go to the tailor for alterations, a simple skirt has been placed in my sewing pile for alterations within my abilities.  I don't have much jewellery as I rarely wear any but I did downsize a few pieces to go to my nieces and one bronze replica Norse key necklace made it into my nephew's keep.  I also found a 'make your own words' necklace kit that Bertie was delighted to have.


  So there it is, one side of my newly declutter wardrobe!  No more piles on my window shelf, no more washing baskets full of clean laundry with no home, a place for everything and everything in its place.
  My two favourite souvenirs from Tassie found a place next to my jewellery box.  No longer clutter, now beautiful objects in uncluttered surrounds that will be able to make me smile each morning as I dress.
  Part of the decluttering process was also to determine what pieces of clothing, if any, I would need to replace with new after the carnage.  Good news is, not many.  As you can see, I still have plenty of clothes that fit.  There was one significant item however, that I am in desperate need of.  New bras!
  I am a bit of an awkward size at the moment, 20E, and I only like the Triumph Endless Comfort bras.  I've managed to find one but that's it so far.
  I could potentially do with a couple of pairs of good quality work pants but to be honest I'm reluctant to shell out for those while I'm still losing weight.  It just seems like such a waste of money.  The bras seem like a waste of money too as they are so damned expensive but you really can't do without decent bras when you're a busty lass.
  After Bertie went home I played about on the computer for a bit.  Mr Smart sent me a link to a freebie software offer.  It was for WinX DVD Ripper and it converts the DVDs you own into a back-up electronic copy on your computer.  This is really convenient for me as it means I can put all my movies onto my harddrive then play them back through my WDTVLive box!  It's all feeding into the master declutter plan.
  While I was mucking about with that I ate four White Rabbit lollies.  They are a sweet from China that the sisters three developed a taste for in high school.  Gub brought some back from China as a Christmas present for me and Bertie.  I decided to just have those four and give the rest to Bertie as she's been sharing hers with my nephew.
  For dinner I couldn't decide what I wanted so it was improvised from whatever I had around.  A Lean Cuisine Creamy Salmon & Dill Pasta, the last of the Kraft Onion & Bacon Dip with fourteen Vita-Weat Multigrain Rice Crackers and some red grapes.  Not really a balanced meal, but still better than a takeaway I expect.  I really need to restock on fresh food but I'm holding off until pay day!  I also need to get back to doing a weekly planner but perhaps not tonight.


  Goodnight all, have a great week ahead.
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome!!
    We're doing roast chicken tonight if you wanna come for dinner....it wasn't defrosted enough last night......apparently large chickens need 48 hours to defrost.....

    ReplyDelete