Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jan 27 - Monsters and Kitty

  I woke up relatively late today after a late night reading.  I am halfway through the last book in The Seventh Swordsmen trilogy now.  I got up, showered, dressed and finally got around to having a proper breakfast after weeks of improvising.  Then I headed off to Forest Hill Chase.  It was nice to be heading there for something other than work!
  I met Captain Cupcake at the Hoyts on Level 3 and we bought tickets for today's screening of Monsters Inc in 3D!  Hoyts often shows older kids movies during the school holidays and when it's a much loved movie that I've only seen on the small screen, then it can be a lot of fun to see them on the big screen.  I still find that the 3D doesn't really add much to the story but it's a fun day out nevertheless.
  After the movie we had lunch in the food court, we bumped into Danger Mouse and had a little bit of a chat, we did a spot of shopping and I found a cute dark grey singlet dress for $5 at Abbey Rose then headed home.  I got home to a basket of goodies on the doorstep, my lovely neighbour Swervyn had visited in my absence.
  I checked emails, facebook, imgur, sorted my basket of fruit and veg, called Earnest and packed a bag for tonight before setting off to Mr Smart's.  Somehow in all our weekend activities I ended up with both cars at my place so for once I had to drive Mr Smart's car home to his place.  I'm used to a small car these days but I learned to drive in a big car, very similar to his, so I didn't have a problem but it was funny getting used to the reaction of the brake and accelerator again.
  I arrived to a Mr Smart engrossed in the new beta Sim City game, and Pizza Cat curled up under the blanket.  There was no hurry to do anything so I grabbed my kindle and curled up next to Pizza Cat and went on with my book.  I found another thing I love about the kindle too; you can pat a cat and turn pages at the same time.  She was pretty happy about it too.
  Eventually we got hungry and walked down High Street to grab some dinner.  We brought it back to Mr Smart's and watched a few episodes of Community while we ate.  Then we settled in to blog writing and more beta game play.  And now I'm done and my book is calling me to bed again!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut muesli with 90g Roaming Cow Greek style reduced fat yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds and two diced dried peach halves.
  • Lunch was a toasted butter chicken wrap with saffron rice, spinach and rocket leaves from Mild n Spicy at the Forest Hill Chase food court.
  • Dinner was two and a half steamed dim sims and combination fried egg noodles from Preston Noodle Served in a Box.  The combination is: thin egg noodles with prawns, squid, beef, chicken, pork, crabmeat, fishcake, onion, carrots, bokchoi, bean shoots, mushrooms and baby corn.

  Hope all you Aussies out there have a wonderful Australia Day in Lieu public holiday tomorrow.  I'm stoked about this week, only two days of work for me!!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment