Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 11 - Scrabble And Whatnot

 I finally won a game of Scrabble tonight!!
Not against Mr Smart of course, he thus far has an unbroken winning streak, but against my old friend Jack Johnson.
  Jack came over to try out the Kebab Joint near me and watch a movie.  Our plans changed slightly though as Gub had a skype job interview tonight.  We still went and had a kebab but then we went for half an hour's walk and Jack suggested a game of Scrabble might be quieter than a movie.
  My favourite word tonight was aikido on a triple word score.  It wasn't my highest score but it used up lots of vowels!
  About halfway through the game I was thinking it was a bit warm so Jack and I both had a blast from the past, Sunnyboys!  We both had raspberry, the options being either raspberry or cola, but both confessed that orange had been our favourite flavour in childhood.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli with Jalna Greek Vanilla yoghurt, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was a yellow-flesh nectarine and an apricot.
  • Lunch was a toasted sandwich of two slices of Edwards Sourdough 7 Grain spread with Rosella Mustard Pickles then topped with baby spinach, 100g of shaved silverside and two slices of Bega light tasty cheese followed by a yellow-flesh peach.
  • Afternoon snack was a slightly unripe banana.
  • Dinner was a lamb shish kebab with the lot and a Tamek sour cherry nectar.
  • Dessert was a bird's nest (a type of baklava).
  • Exercise was 2.4km walk around my local neighbourhood.
  • I also had a 150ml Sunnyboy Razz Raspberry ice block.

  Bit of a short one tonight, I'm off to bed to read.  I'm very grateful that the weekend is finally here, I'm looking forward to not having to get up early tomorrow.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment