Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan 23 - Wednesday Walkies

  Having trouble getting motivated for blog-writing tonight, I've had a lot on my mind this evening and I'd rather just go and read my book so that I can block it all out for a while.  None of it's bad stuff, it's more excited nervousness about potential opportunities.  It's just a bit draining at the moment because at the moment there is a lot of 'missing data' which means I can't make any decisions or resolutions about any of it.  I guess those are the sort of frustrations that are not really bad to have though.
  Tonight after work I headed straight over to Miss Mischief's house.  She has kindly agreed to be my partner for Wednesday Walkies!  The plan is that I will drive over every Wednesday evening (well, most) and we will go for a walk together.  Tonight Miss Mischief had planned out a course of 3.8km which took us about 50 minutes.  It went through the Malvern Urban Forest which I had passed in the car many many times and never noticed!  It's just a slim stretch of bushland in the middle of Malvern.  It runs between Dandenong Road and Waverley Road.  You can see Chadstone from it!
  After we finished our walk we both started to wonder what each of us would have for dinner.  I had bought a couple of things for mine last night, but needed a few more ingredients.  I was going to get them on the way home but Miss Mischief pointed out she needed to do a small shop herself and there was a Woolies just across the road, so off we set together to shop for our dinners.  With ingredients sourced and walking now completely done, I headed home.
  I'm really glad to have a regular walking date lined up now.  Exercising with others, particularly walking, seems to be much easier to commit to and invariably more rewarding because you also get to have a damn good natter.  I think walking is also definitely the right type of exercise to do on the day after pilates as it's good aerobically but relatively relaxing on the muscles and keeps my back upright.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was two small plums and a wholemeal English Muffin, toasted and spread with margarine and homemade apricot jam.
  • Morning snack was a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with 40g of Extra Light Philadelphia cream cheese, 50g of smoked salmon, cucumber slices and alfalfa sprouts.  After this I had a kiwi fruit with the skin on, a dried peach half, three Brazil nuts, two pecan nut halves, two hazelnuts, four almonds and some sunflower seeds.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Exercise was a 50 minute, 3.8km walk.
  • Dinner was 120g of Maggie Beer Duck, Sherry & Green Peppercorn Pate (reduced to clear to 49c!!), 200g Yumi's Hummus, three Vita-Weat Soy, Linseed & Sesame Lunch Slices, raw broccoli florets, mini cherry tomatoes, cucumber sticks, snow peas, red capsicum and carrot sticks!

  I'm honestly not sure if today constitutes over-eating or not... the pate was probably overkill but I love Maggie Beer's pates, pate is a good source of iron, and it was down to 49c which is practically unheard of!  Even marked down it's usually a few dollars.  I definitely feel very full at the moment so that almost certainly means I have over-eaten but I guess at least I'm over-eating the right things.  On nights in the past when I didn't feel like cooking it was not unheard of to have mashed potato for dinner.
  Anyway, enough rambling, time to escape my brain and disappear into my book!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment