Monday, January 14, 2013

Jan 14 - Bills Bills Bills

  I got paid this evening and then I paid the car insurance and the water bill.  Blah...
I accept that I'm actually pretty lucky with the spacing of my bills generally but December/January seems to just be awful.  Still, could be much worse, at least I have enough to cover the bills.  I'm trying out a few budget ideas at the moment though and I don't think it's quite right yet as I hand to juggle things a bit to cover everything this month so I might need to rejig things a bit more yet.
  My frivolous pay day spend for this month was a Lego backpack!  They were $20 at BigW and I wanted a small backpack for when Mr Smart and I got on bushwalks to carry water and nuts etc.  They come in red, yellow or blue but I went with red because my nephew already has the blue one and the yellow one looked like it would stain way too easily.
  I think despite all the bills, a tradition of buying yourself something nice or useful or tasty on pay day is not really a bad one.  If you aren't working in order to enjoy yourself then what's the point?

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli with Jalna Greek Vanilla Yoghurt, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds and a diced half of a yellow-flesh peach.
  • Morning snack was an extremely ripe plum.
  • Lunch was Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with a quarter of a hass avocado, a sliced tomato and a drained 95g tin of Greenseas tuna in olive oil, followed by a yellow-flesh nectarine.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was sweet and sour stir fry beef and veggies with Basmati rice and some wombok salad with peanuts.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  Dinner tonight was really great and it was lovely to be able to sit down with other people for dinner.  I do love my peace and quiet most of the time, but every now and then a simple homecooked meal with others is just what the doctor ordered.  A big huge thank you to my future brother-in-law, the Cambridge Rower for cooking a delicious meal.  All I had to do was buy ingredients and act as sous chef along with Gub.  He's a really great cook.  I even have enough stir fry left for dinner tomorrow night after pilates.
  Must be time for bed now I think.  The next book in Dave Duncan's The Seventh Sword series is progressing nicely.  This one is called The Coming of Wisdom.  There are going to be sorcerers!  I haven't worked out for sure whether they are the good guys or the bad guys yet.  I suspect they are the bad guys, if only from the perspective of the main character who is thoroughly likeable... and of course likeable people can't be wrong...
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment