Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jan 2 - Back in the Groove

  Today felt a lot more productive than the previous few weeks and a bit more 'normal' in my eating.  I made sure I still felt full but I made better choices.  I set up my 2013 wall planner at work with all available deadlines and I even managed to clear some stuff from my desk, but home was where the real progress was made.
  I got home, and brought in yesterday's washing, cooked myself dinner and ate it, chucked on another load of washing and loaded the dishwasher, started clearing out the crisper drawer of the fridge and working out what could be salvaged and what needed to be tossed, sliced up two mangoes for the next couple of days breakfasts, hung out the load of washing and started the dishwasher running, chopped up a heap of cauliflower with the food processor, shredded some carrots and parsnips and put them in the fridge for making chilli tomorrow night, made cream of cauliflower soup for the freezer, and emptied the dishwasher!  I am feeling back on track!
  I even managed to do all that and the blog before 10pm so this little superwoman is getting to play Torchlight tonight!  The grooves accompanying me while I busied myself tonight were Zaz, Rizzle Kicks and Bruno Mars.  I have Bill Hicks, Newton Faulkner and Orange Juice in tomorrow's musical line up because tomorrow I'm going to try to be just as productive.  I need to get that chilli done!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli topped with Jalna Greek Vanilla Yoghurt.
  • Morning snack was a Cape Fruit & Nut Roll from Baker's Delight cut in half and both halves spread with 40g Philadelphia Light Spreadable Cream Cheese.
  • Lunch was a 200g Asian Salad kit (I only used two thirds of the dressing) topped with 100g of sliced roast pork.
  • Afternoon snack was two yellow-flesh peaches.
  • Dinner was 198g raw weight of chicken breast pan-friend in olive oil with a 325g Coles Vegie Fix roasted eggplant ragu.  It was really nice, and they are not too expensive if you keep your eyes open for the mark downs!
  • Blood sugar reading two hours after dinner was 4.9 which is well within normal.

  So that's it for today.  A bit of a quick one but in the interests of getting to do other things, standard work days might be a bit shorter from now on unless I have something interesting to reflect upon.
  Goodnight everyone, time to take my battle hammers into action.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment