Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jan 16 - 200 Days And Counting

What a difference 200 days makes!

Now - Day 200 vs. Day 1 - Then         

  Today marks the 200th day of a healthier me!  I weighed in this morning at 102.3kg which is a total loss of 24.4kg and an average of 122 grams per day!  Putting those photos side by side made me gasp.  I see my face in the mirror every day, so it's not always easy for me to notice a change, but it's pretty obvious there!  Emotionally, today has made me feel like a million dollars, I know I can do this and more and more people notice I'm doing it.  Physically, I still have a ways to go but little by little I'm going to get there.
  On top of that, I got called me inspirational today.  That's a really wonderful compliment.  I'm not trying to be of course, I'm just trying to be fit and healthy and sharing my journey with you.  If I'm really honest about my reasons for starting the blog, it was just the easiest way to share my journey with my family without having to phone them all and answer direct questions (which can get intrusive even if done with the best of intentions).  But if my journey is helping others, so much the better, and I wish the friend that paid me the compliment the very best of luck on their own journey!
  I know I've said it before, but milestones like this really bring it home, it is so important to me that you are all out there supporting me.  Reading, commenting, emailing, phoning, suggesting things, sharing your own stories.  I would not have been able to achieve this without your love and support.  You are amazing people and I thank you with all my heart.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli with 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy Vine Passionfruit 98% fat free yoghurt, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds and a diced dried peach half.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap filled with approximately 100g of shaved silverside and 135g of Woolworths quinoa pearl barley salad (with pumpkin) followed by a white-flesh nectarine and a yellow-flesh peach.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a large container of mixed gyros (chicken and donor lamb) and salad from the Kebab Joint.
  • Dessert was a bird's nest (baklava-style pastry) also from the Kebab Joint.

  I don't really have much to write about today but I will have a lot on in the next few days (some of the posts might therefore be a touch on the late side).
  I meant to go for a walk tonight but a few unexpected tangents saw time and daylight slip away from me, the night was not unproductive though.  Although looking at my desk right now you could be forgiven for thinking it was wasted.  I've got more decluttering in mind but tonight was taken up with number crunching.  Though now that I'm finished that for the evening, maybe a spot of decluttering before I head to bed.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment