Monday, January 21, 2013

Jan 21 - Still Tidying Up

  I finished The Coming of Wisdom by Dave Duncan last night, only one book in the trilogy left to go,  The Destiny of the Sword!  I know what I'm doing tonight!  I have really been enjoying this series, I'd recommend it to any fiction fans.  It's definitely fantasy based, but it has a consistent world, good characters and a few twists I've not experiences in traditional fantasy before.
  My desk at work is getting clearer and clearer, I think tomorrow might be the day to tackle extended trade set up and calculations!  It will be such a huge relief to get that off my plate.  The empty in tray policy is still working for me.  It has it's advantages and disadvantages but I think in general it is leading to a quicker turnaround on paperwork that hits my desk.  It is certainly helping me to feel less swamped.
  Tonight my desk at home has started to follow suit.  Egged on by Gub as she packed for the next leg of her trip, I began breaking emotional ties to little pieces of paper and throwing things out!  There is still a huge pile of filing to be done but the files themselves are getting into the right spots in drawers and will be easily accessible when the time to complete the filing itself comes around.  I'm not too far off now I think.
  There are other rooms in the house that it might be easier to tackle but I felt comfortable starting on the office tonight.  There is still an enormous amount to do, but it's all down to baby steps.  If it gets too hard I can always move to another room for a little while.  Apart from working on the office, I am also trying to take something with me whenever I leave any room.  If just one item that doesn't belong can be removed (laid away, thrown out) each time I leave a room, then all the rooms get gradually tidier.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a wholemeal English muffin, toasted, spread with margarine and the Masterchef's homemade apricot jam (delicious!), a small cup of orange juice and a 170g tub of Dairy Farmer's Thick & Creamy Field Strawberries flavour 98% fat free yoghurt.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with Rosella mustard pickles, approx 50g of roast beef, a sliced tomato, Lebanese cucumber slices and alfalfa sprouts.  After my wrap I had a white-flesh nectarine and a kiwi fruit with the skin on.
  • Afternoon snack was a large almost ripe banana.
  • Dinner was two small pita bread pizzas.  Both were spread with Leggo's Pizza Sauce, then one was topped with approx 50g shredded ham, approx 22g kabana, three sliced mushrooms, a little broccolini stalk, some Lemnos Marinated Persian Feta and Bega So Light grated tasty cheese, the other was topped with approx 50g shredded ham, approx 22g kabana, some tinned pineapple pieces, and Bega So Light grated tasty cheese.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  Tomorrow evening the house will be quieter and to be honest, I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Perhaps both and neither.  I love Gub to bits and the Cambridge Rower is a wonderful addition to the family too, but it is nice to have your own space.  They certainly haven't outstayed their welcome, but it can get taxing reminding yourself daily not to run to the bathroom in the nude.  On the other hand, it's been a joy having the noise of company in the house, it does wonders to stave off loneliness.
  Gub and the Cambridge Rower are off to Canberra tomorrow to see our Uncle for a three day hiking trip to the summit of Mount Kosciuszko!  Mum is joining them too and it sounds as though it will be a great adventure.  Good news for you dear readers, they have agreed to write a guest blog about their hiking trip which will follow some time after its completion.  A tale to look forward to for us all.
  That's it for another day, I have a book to start!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment