Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jan 10 - Buffy Back In Action (And Me Too)

  Buffy returns!  Triumphant and with little sister Dawn now in tow.  A whole 40 minutes on the cross trainer at load 3 no less.  I haven't had time to play around with the programs yet to find one that suits me but I figured I'd better at least start getting on the damn thing again.  It felt good at any rate and at least dragged me temporarily out of the funk I've been in all day.  The other bright spot was chocolate, I can't tell you how happy I was to see my favourite Lindt on special at Coles this evening because comfort eating or not I really needed those two squares tonight.
  Apart from that there's been not much going on today.  At work I've managed to keep my in tray clear for four days now which is a nice feeling.  I decided on Monday to start keeping it empty.  It doesn't matter what comes into it, the in tray is not for storage so I've decided that by the time I go home each thing must be put in to an appropriate spot, even if it can't be dealt with straight away.  Hopefully it will stop me from losing track of things.
  Decluttering at home is progressing in teensy steps.  Spotting something I don't need and getting rid of it, actually throwing things in the bin instead of leaving them where they sit.  I haven't been struck to do any more major jobs yet but I might sit at my desk for a while now and start going through paperwork and doing some filing while I wait for Gub and the Cambridge Rower to get home from their fun day out in the city.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli with Jalna Greek Vanilla yoghurt, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Morning snack was a yellow-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a toasted sandwich of two slices of Edwards Sourdough 7 Grain spread with Rosella Mustard Pickles then topped with baby spinach, 100g of shaved silverside and two slices of Bega light tasty cheese followed by an apricot.
  • Afternoon snack was an almost ripe banana.
  • Dinner was three fifths of a 428g (raw weight including bones) sweet & smokey Spanish paprika lamb shoulder rack with salad leftover from last night and Red Kellys lemon myrtle dressing.
  • Dessert was 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  • Exercise was 40 minutes on the cross trainer at load 3.

  I started reading a new book last night.  I looked over the contents of my bedside table and through my kindle and I went for the kindle in the end.  Having just finished a non-fiction it felt like time for fiction again so I started a new trilogy or possibly quadrilogy depending on your feelings about adding extra volumes much later (like 24 years later).
  The first book of the 'The Seventh Sword' series is called The Reluctant Swordsman and it's by a Canadian writer, Dave Duncan.  It starts out feeling very much like high fantasy, you know.. priests, swordsmen, heirarchy, evil plots and intrigue and whatnot, but though I am only up to chapter six it has definitely taken a big turn in a different direction!  Not sure what to make of it but I'm guessing it's going to be rather fun.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment