Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan 22 - Dreams


  I thought I'd share the above inspirational motto which Miss Mischief shared on facebook yesterday.  It's a bit trite perhaps, but I think it is better than your average 'inspiropic' in that it covers two very important thoughts.  Firstly, it is clearly talking about dreams as goals, rather than dreams as fantasies.  Dreams like I hope I win Tattslotto are all very well and good, and I do my bit to accomplish that particular dream each week by buying a ticket, but the fact is that it's a fantasy, not a realistic or achievable goal.  Secondly, it reminds us that to achieve a dream you have to try, try, try and try again.
  Those are two things I definitely need to remember.  Lately there have been a lot of possible directions for my life appearing on myriad potential horizons.  Thoughts of these have been swimming about aimlessly in my mind occasionally swamping me.  Possible directions, but nothing certain, nothing definite, nothing confirmed.  There are too many variables to spend too much time dwelling on the possibilities now but still it makes me wonder.  What is important?  What are my dreams?
  I dream that eventually I will be able to borrow clothes from my substantially skinnier sisters.  I dream that one day I will live in a less cluttered space that is truly 'me'.  I dream that maybe, just maybe, some day what I get paid to do and what I love doing might be the same thing.  There are other dreams of course, but a girl has to keep some secrets.
  So what do I do to live my dreams?  Well I write this blog for one thing.  I enjoy doing it and it keeps me honest on my weight loss journey.  I don't feel guilty for having an ice cream tonight but knowing I'd have to fess up to it here certainly made me think twice, three times in fact if you count the five minutes I spent in the supermarket contemplating the purchase.  The blog can get tiresome when I am busy in the evenings and just feel like enjoying myself or if I don't know what to write about but in general I enjoy having a place to brain-dump at the end of each day.
  What else?  I try again!  I've tried to lose weight before but it didn't stick, so I'm trying again, and if it doesn't stick this time, I'll bloody well try again.  As far as decluttering goes, I have read a good book on the subject (on my kindle, thus not bringing another physical object into the house) and I have started to very slowly take baby steps towards that goal.  I think that's the key for me, break the dream up into little achievable dreamettes.  I don't know, I certainly don't have all the answers, I can't even answer my own questions most of the time, but it seemed like a valuable enough idea to share.
Keep trying.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli with a 170g tub of Dairy Farmer's Thick n Creamy Vine Passionfruit 98% fat free yoghurt, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and two halved fresh plums.
  • Morning snack was a white-flesh nectarine.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with Masterfoods Corn Relish, approx 50g of roast beef, a slice of Bega So Light tasty cheese, a sliced tomato, Lebanese cucumber slices and alfalfa sprouts.  After my wrap I also had a kiwi fruit with the skin on.
  • Afternoon snack was a Pink Lady apple, cored and sliced.
  • Exercise was a 45 minute clinical pilates class.
  • Dinner was two small pita bread pizzas.  Both were spread with Leggo's Pizza Sauce and topped with 30g of mild salami, then one also had a large sliced mushroom and some broccolini stalk, and the other a mix of pineapple and corn, then both were finished with Bega So Light grated tasty cheese.  I am quite relieved that I have finished off the pita bread now, no pizza tomorrow!
  • Dessert was a Honey Macadamia Drumstick.

  I didn't really need a dessert tonight, but I wanted one.  The good thing is that I didn't eat it because I was bored, lonely or frustrated, I just wanted one.  The other good thing is that it was definitely on the sweet side, so even though there are three more in the freezer, it's not a dessert I'm likely to want often.
  Time for bed I think.  Goodnight all.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment