Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jan 30 - Busy Bee!

  I remember today was a busy day but owing to unexpected (but not unwelcome) visitors, this edition of the blog was written late on Friday, two days after it actually happened, so some of the details are lost to the sands of time.
  I was quite busy at work, completing things off so I could calmly take Thursday and Friday off without dwelling on anything unfinished and then I headed over to Miss Mischief's and we went for a lovely long walk again.  Wednesday walkies is a lovely mid-week activity.  It keeps me active but it's gentler than the cross trainer which is good for the day after pilates when everything has been worked a bit harder than normal!
  On my way home from Miss Mischief's I stopped in at Woolworths Chadstone for picnic supplies for tomorrow!  When I got to the shops it occurred to me to check my mobile as I hadn't taken it on the walk.  There were three missed calls from Bertie and no message left.  I called her back straight away and she asked if I was home.  Not yet but I soon would be.  Good, she'd meet me there.  A mystery which shall remain so for now.
  Bertie was there when I arrived and we talked as I laid away the groceries and got started on various chores.  I put on a load of dishes, made individual smoked salmon quiches for tomorrow's picnic (thank you so much Bertie for helping me get the pastry cases right) and made a card for Mr Smart for our anniversary.  There was much activity and talk as I simultaneous played homemaker and hostess.
  I was exhausted by the time I crawled into bed but alas, my stupid brain wouldn't let me go to sleep, so I read.  In fact, I read until 4am.  I finished the kindle book I started reading on Tuesday night which was one of the many freebie's I downloaded.  This one was called The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Age 42 & Three-Quarters by Barbara Silkstone.  I really enjoyed it.  It was just the right mix of real world meets Wonderland and the characters were written to be as jarring as they should for an adult suddenly finding themselves stuck in a Wonderland-esque nightmare.  Recommended!

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a yellow-flesh peach, a blood plum and a 35g Carmen's Yoghurt Apricot & Almond muesli bar.
  • Morning snack was a salt & pepper calamari hand roll.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with two slices of pepper Mortadella (76g), baby spinach, tomato, a slice of Bega So Light tasty cheese and Lebanese cucumber followed by some more slices of Lebanese cucumber and another blood plum.
  • Afternoon snack was another yellow-flesh peach.
  • Exercise was a 50 minute, 3.8km walk.
  • Dinner was most of a 200g tub of Chris's Corn Relish dip with cucumber sticks and eight Vita-Weat multigrain rice crackers and since I was still hungry after that, 60g Don mild salami.
  • Dessert was a Honey Macadamia Drumstick ice cream.
  • Supper was a small smoked salmon quiche... because quality control!

  Today was very draining and I was up very late and really didn't think about the blog, so apologies for this short and sketchy entry.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment