Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jan 24 - Dinner and a Movie

  A quick one tonight as it's already half past eleven as I type this first sentence.
  Today was a lovely day.  At work, things continued progressing with my extended trade calcs and I got rewarded for saving the company money!  I worked out that over the last eleven months I've saved the company just under $5,000 ex-GST by scrutinizing the hell out of a particular supplier's invoices.  I was given a token of appreciation for my efforts which was a huge surprise but happily accepted.  I felt very chuffed at such recognition.
  After work I went straight round to Mr Smart's place with a boot load of groceries to make us a nice dinner.  I ate very little today because I ran out of time (and dishes) to have a proper breakfast so I was very hungry by tea time, luckily so was Mr Smart so I set to work preparing straight away.  Dinner was ready in about twenty minutes and we settled on the couch to eat and watch Psycho!
  I'll admit this right now... though I can probably name a half a dozen or so Hitchcock films off the top of my head, I had never watched one until tonight.  There is a film out at the moment called 'Hitchcock', set during the filming of Psycho and I really want to see it but I felt I should at very least see Psycho first.  I knew that the character of Norman Bates was based on the infamous serial killer Ed Gein but until I saw Psycho I had no idea how much detail Hitchcock had gone to.  It was perhaps not as scary as it was when it was first released but it did see me in goosebumps a few times.
  After Psycho we watched the second episode of Utopia.  It is still crazy and weird and frightening and intriguing.  It's been shot in hyper-realistic colours to emphasize the fakeness and unreality of the world (it's a very conspiracy theory type drama).  The colours and wide open landscape shots in it are amazing beautiful and they make the violence and underground nature of the characters seem all the more stark by contrast.  It was extra stark after having just watched a black and white film too!
  After both viewing pleasures, Mr Smart did his best to convince me not to go, but alas, I have work tomorrow.  He pouted and went wide-eyed on me and even started another movie in the hopes that I'd get hooked in.  He very nearly won the battle, but here I sit typing away before running to my own now rather lonely seeming bed.
I expect he'll win the war.

  Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was a white-flesh nectarine and a 35g Carmen's Yoghurt Apricot & Almond muesli bar.
  • Lunch was a Mission Whole Wheat mini-wrap with 40g Extra Light Philadelphia cream cheese, 70g of Steggles spiced apple stuffed turkey breast and alfalfa sprouts followed by a kiwi fruit with skin on.
  • Dinner was insalata di spaghetti.  A mix of fresh tomatoes, chopped into quarters, bambini bocconcini, kalamata olives, pieces of mild salami, fresh basil and delicious Mendez Olive Estate olive with warm spaghetti.  One of my favourites.  So easy!
  • Weight this morning was 102.1 kg

  That's your lot for today!  I have a few chapters to read before sleep becomes an absolute necessity!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment