Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sept 5 - I'm Doing Well

  This morning I weighed in at 115.4kg bringing the total loss to 11.3kg.  Egads it's coming off quick!  There is something to be said for momentum of course but dear god it's almost frightening at this point.  I'm convinced my scales are just lying to me, lulling me into a false sense of security!  The only thing that convinces me I'm really losing the weight is that my clothes are almost in need of replacement, in fact I am going to buy a new pair of jeans tomorrow and perhaps a dress!  It certainly brings home the reality of what I've been doing to myself all these years.  All the same, I couldn't have done this earlier.
I wasn't ready to do it for me until now.

   I wanted to change breakfast a little bit this morning, you can only take the same thing day in day out for so long.  I still had yoghurt and berries but I used Carmen's Classic Fruit Muesli instead of All-Bran Fibre Toppers (which are not all bran) and I sprinkled some slivered almonds on top too.
  It was a beautiful morning here in Melbourne, I enjoyed the drive to work aka. the only sunshine I get to see each day until the weekend.  I had some nuts on my morning snack break.  Half a dried apricot, two brazil nuts, two pecan nut halves, two hazelnuts and four almonds. 
  On my lunch break today I did a little forward planning shopping.  I bought some lamb leg steak and lean beef mince to cook later in the week.  I think I'll do the lamb with lemon, garlic and rosemary and with the beef mince I'm going to try making a veggie heavy chile con carne to fill up the freezer a bit more.  So far I'm thinking beans, grated carrot, mushrooms, tomato and maybe even grated zucchini!  I also got some new Multix Screwtops for freezing meals in.  I've found them the right size for one-person portions.
  Lunch itself was a Mission Wholemeal Wrap spread with Philadelphia Extra Light Spreadable Cream Cheese (about 30g) then topped with 86g of Tasmania Smoked Salmon, strips of carrot, snow pea shoots and cucumber slices.  I also had seven little Perino snacking tomatoes and an unripeish banana.  Later on my afternoon snacks were a tamarillo and an Afourer mandarin.
  Work was busy today so it passed swiftly.  Things are starting to pile up a bit again, sigh.
   I got on the cross trainer pretty quick after getting home.  I did 42 minutes of Buffy (S3E17) and it was a face-paced episode tonight.  That really helps keep my speed up.  One monster came out of no where in a quiet bit and I nearly jumped off the cross trainer!  Mr Smart and Earnest will both attest that I'm not built for scary movies or scary television!  However they both take extreme pleasure in subjecting me to them!
I think they find it amusing to see me flinch.

  After exercise I zapped my defrosted homemade pumpkin soup in the microwave and cut open my yummy seven seeds and grains roll from Coles and spread it with a little butter.  I watched about ten minutes of a show called "I Will Survive".  Some schmaltzy bloody reality TV competition thing to see which lovely dancing boy ends up on Broadway.  What's wrong with mindless escapism that has a story line?  Even cartoons would be preferable to yet more reality TV.

Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  I wandered into my office after eating and plonked down in front of the computer.  I pulled out my weekly planner and checked off the day's list and there it was.  Taunting me in black and white "You put me on the list, now you have to follow through!  Mwaahahahahaaaa", the only item I hadn't done yet, clean bunny cage.  Now it's not that I don't love GoGo, I do.. I'd just love her so much more if she didn't pee and poop so much.  Nevertheless, rather than shirk the item I got up and did it before starting the blog.
  She seemed appreciative.  Well, she managed a close approximation of what we would interpret as appreciation...  At least she didn't bite me!

   While I wrote the blog today I got messaged by a dietitian friend on facebook.  She told me how much she'd been enjoying the blog and offered me recipes, encouragement and advice.  It was nice to know I was on the right track from a professional!  Which reminds me I should really get around to making my prescribed dietician visits!  I may need to get my management plan updated first though.  And I need to do my follow-up appointment with the diabetic educator too.  Problems for tomorrow!
  Time now for reading in bed while I listen to the wind whip around the house.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment