Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sept 27 - Chilling Out

  Not much to report for today so it's a bit of a short one.  Also, it is late and I am sleepy.
  Work was ok.  We had a few laughs in our team meeting which was nice, but I'm relieved that my weekend is finally here.  The week has been a bit draining to be frank and staying up this late when I know I have a 9am appointment doesn't help!
  I was at a bit of a loose end tonight.  I really wanted to relax but when I'm at home I always feel like I should be doing something.  Fortunately, Jack Johnson came to the rescue.  I messaged him, having a whinge, and he mooted that if I was bored and he was bored, perhaps there was a solution in plain sight.  So I headed down to his place.
  I was stopped at a train crossing on the way and an odd but kind of good thing happened.  I went to rub my cheek and I missed.  Kind of like the way you land awkwardly when the step is lower than you think.  My cheek was further away than I thought and I paused to run my hand over it.  My brain recognises it has shrunk!  Kind of exciting.
  Jack and I watched five or six episodes of Archer then I headed home again.  Stealth cat even deigned to sit next to me, even though I am reliably informed I was sitting on his side of the sofa.  I did take my two Wagon Wheel's with me to Jack's thinking it might be fun to share the treat/guilt but he is trying to lose some weight and be good too, so I put them away to not be thought about for another while.
  If I had eaten one though, I wouldn't have felt bad about it today.  I was in the right mindset for it, I didn't want it to compensate for any bad feelings, just because I knew I would enjoy it.  But despite a lack of Wagon Wheel consumption, I did feel very relaxed by the time I left Jack's which is a credit to him and his fur family.
  Once I got home I indulged the imgur addiction for a few hours (hence the late late post) and also checked out all the funny links Lord Koshington had left on my messenger for me.  He does that sometimes knowing I'll come home and have something to giggle at.
  I want to say a big thank you to everyone who commented on yesterday's post, both on the post and on facebook.  The advice was really encouraging and it gave me a few more things to think about.  I have decided not to rush in to joining Curves as it only has the one option whereas a local council run facility might have all sorts of classes and a pool even.
  Gub and I used to do a weekly aquaerobics session which I loved, so I might look for somewhere that offers that as well as strength training and other opportunities.  At the moment I am checking out the Monash Aquatic & Recreation Centre as a likely candidate, though that too will come down to what bang I get for my buck.
 
 Today's food was:
  • Breakfast was a half a cup of Fibre Toppers, with Pura Light Start Milk, a sliced 
  • Morning snack was 250g of fresh strawberries.
  • Lunch was a Mission Rye Wrap spread with about 45g Yumi's Eggplant Dip then topped with 100g of Pastoral rare roast beef, Lebanese cucumber and alfalfa sprouts.  Then a nice semi-ripe  Packham pear.
  • Afternoon snack was two brazil nuts, two hazelnuts, two pecan halves, four almonds and half a dried peach.
  • Dinner was a swordfish steak, pan-fried in olive oil and garam masala served with steamed broccoli, corn, peas and green beans.
  Even though it's looking a fairly busy day, tomorrow with a doctor's appointment first up and a train trip into the city for lunch, I'm still thankful that it's at least a day filled with stuff on my agenda!
  Jess


PS: Also, today I let go of a grudge/misconception that I'd still been carrying around from high school.  That felt good.

2 comments:

  1. Aqualink box hill (where we used to go) was very good (especially in terms of variety) and cheap and, not so far from Forest Hill? or too much of a pain to get to? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqualink is a bit far in the wrong direction from home, but Monash seem to offer similar things. They have aquaerobics, body pump, and tailor made plans on your first assessment.

    ReplyDelete