Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sept 25 - Getting Stuff Done

  A much better day today.  I didn't touch imgur and I stuck to making sure all my planned items for the day were ticked off before I started sitting down and getting comfy.
  It was rough getting out of bed this morning.  I got up even later than usual, about 7:40am today.  Then I went through my normal routine, not really hurrying, ate breakfast while watching snippets of Sunrise.  Put my dishes away, collected up my stuff, locked up, got in the car and realised I needed petrol.  Drove up to the petrol station, filled up, continued on to work and still got there on time.  I love school holidays, traffic is a breeze.
  A little thing happened today that had me chuffed and I thought I'd share, particularly for Gub as it relates to my improved fitness.  I had a customer pay an account today and it was getting on for closing time of the bank (our branch closes at 4pm Mon - Thu).  I was going to bank it the following day but I looked at the clock and 3:50pm glared back at me.  No, I thought, I can make that.
  I wrote up the cheque and rushed out the door, walked briskly up the travelator and on to the branch (about 200m I think but I'm terrible with distances).  When I got to the counter and the lovely E asked me how I was going, I realised as I responded that I was not panting! I hadn't even broken a sweat.  My heart rate had increased, but I wasn't in the least out of breath like I would have been just three short months ago.  A proud moment.
  Once I got home I focussed on getting everything on my planner done.  I still wanted to try eating before exercising so I managed to coordinate that.  I'm really glad I did actually.. my dinner must've been a lot higher GI than I thought.  Even after two hours and exercise my blood sugar reading was still 7.6.  That's not too bad, but I hate to think what it would have been without the exercise!
  I got a phone call this evening from Curves Blackburn too.  I had visited their booth a couple of months ago at the Women in Business luncheon I went to and they were following up to see if I would like a free no-obligation tour of their facility.  I have decided that 'yes I would' so I'm going in tomorrow evening to be shown around and given the sell.  I feel like I am at the point that my exercise needs some tweaks or changes and this might be a good way to go depending on how the tour goes.
  One of the bonus things I did tonight was I found the official University of Sydney Glycemic Index website.  It's not like it was hiding or anything.. I just only went looking for it tonight.  It looks like it will be a great resource and it has a handy-dandy food search!  Now I'd better get on and give you today's summary as I should really be getting to bed.
I want to try getting up early tomorrow.


   Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, muesli, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholegrain Wrap spread with about 30g Yumi's Hummus then topped with 60g of thin-sliced honey leg ham, Lebanese cucumber, a sliced tomato and alfalfa sprouts.
  • Afternoon snacks were 250g of fresh strawberries and a passionfruit, then later, two brazil nuts, two hazel nuts, two pecan nut halves, four almonds and half a dried peach.
  • Dinner was two chicken pinwheels (one sundried tomato and one bacon and cheese) with steamed veggies.  I've switched to the Birds Eye SteamFresh Larger Serve and today I used the broccoli, corn, peas and green beans variety.
  • Exercise was 40 minutes on the cross trainer and Buffy was back on the menu.
Before and after!  I promise not to show the really really after...
  So that's it from me for another day.  I bid you pleasant dreams and a happy tomorrow.
  Jess

2 comments:

  1. Honey I'm so happy to hear about the improved fitness levels and that you were pleased with it - so rewarding to put in the work and then realise your body has come so far from a holistic point of view. Very happy for you and proud of you - love reading your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your improved fitness Jess. It's those little day to day things that really start to make you realise the changes that you have made are having a positive result. Keep going! Looking forward to talking recipes and exercise with you on the weekend!

    ReplyDelete