Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sept 22 - Woke With a Start

  I woke with a start this morning.  A woman screaming and a man yelling.  I jumped out of bed and threw on a green toweling dressing gown and stepped out of the front door with adrenalin coursing through my veins and there was my next-door neighbour unloading shopping from his boot, his German Shepard who I've known from a pup, and nothing...
  I was so sure of what I'd heard I asked my neighbour about it.  Turns out I wasn't going mental but had misheard the situation.  Benny is a big dog, dark and wolfish in appearance, with scars on his nose.  A nervous woman on her morning walk had screamed as he ran up for a pat.  My neighbour had yelled "Don't worry, he won't bite!".
  Oh well, at least now I was up with the whole day ahead of me.  So of course I hopped on the internet and browsed.  About 9am I decided to go do my exercise and get it out of the way early, then a little more internet.  I was showered and dressed by about noon.  Got to love a lazy start to the weekend.  I needed to go to the shops and get a few things out of the way and I was undecided as to which shops to go to.  I eventually decided on The Glen, in part due to a request from Mr Smart, and set off.
  I found the requested item first, little espresso glasses, then went to Coles and got my grocery shopping done.  I'm planning to make chile again this week as it's enjoyable, nutritious, cheap and fills the freezer.  The last batch (which I still have two serves of left!) was a little mild so this time I'm putting in two packs of spice!  This meant the shopping trolley was also full of different types of beans and diced tomato.  I got what I needed and headed home without further browsing.
   It was a gloriously sunny day today, so when I got home I unpacked the car then left the front door open and opened my bedroom window to let the house breath a little.  I laid away the groceries, then made and ate lunch, got the dry laundry in, put a load of work clothes on and starter laying away the dry dishes at which time Mr Smart arrived.  We chatted about what delicious treats we might like for dinner and after a little while he set himself up to do some study and I returned to hanging out the washing and emptying the dishwasher and typing up my blog.
  Mr Smart flicked on the footy at the beginning of the Hawthorn v. Crows match and kept studying.  Mr Smart had decided to treat me to a nice big blow out dinner so at 6pm I ordered us dinner from Raju's Indian Restaurant and went to pick it up.  I got back and due to still not having found a suitable coffee table, we had a floor picnic!

  Today's food and exercise were:


  • Exercise was out of the way before breakfast today!  40 minutes on the cross trainer to the tune of two episodes of Futurama Season 6.
  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, muesli, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflowers seeds.
  • Lunch was a Mission Rye Wrap spread with avocado then topped with 48g of Sole Mare tuna in olive oil, mushrooms, cucumber, tomato and alfalfa sprouts.
  • Afternoon snack was carrot sticks (one carrot), five Vita-Weat wholegrain rice crackers and a heaped dessertspoon of Yumi Eggplant dip (about 35g).
  • Dinner was: Two poppadoms with raita and various chutneys, a crispy potato and pea filled samosa, two lucknowi seekh kabab, a wholemeal roti, saffron basmati rice with lamb madras and raita, followed by a little more rice (not as much as it looks, I didn't finish all of the first lot) with prawn malai.  We stretched my heat taste buds a little tonight with the madras!

  An early blog post for today, as there will not be much more happening tonight.  In fact, the only thing is going to be the final instalment of LOTR The Return of The King!  It goes for three and half hours... can you believe that??
  Toodles!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment