Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sept 23 - A Relaxed Kind of Busy

  I have no bloody idea how much weight I lost this week.  My scales gave me readings showing no loss all week until today where it showed anywhere from a 1kg loss to a 1kg gain!  Seriously, I got on and off the scales five times this morning and every reading was different despite no change in my physical being or the location of the scale.  And yes, I know I shouldn't weigh in every morning but I have been while my weight loss has been so rapid because it gave me a little ego boost every morning.  I am going to stop as of today.
  I am going to go shopping for weights this coming week, in part so I can start doing the strength training I've mentioned previously but also so I can check the calibration on my scales with a 5kg weight!  It's very frustrating not knowing the correct figure, it makes me doubt all the figures before too.  I contemplated going to the walk-on scales at the vet but I'm guessing they'd object to weighing me naked!
  Last night Mr Smart and I finished watching the LOTR trilogy of films.  Only after the final film was watched did he confess that he had made me watch the extended versions of all three films!  I am dating an evil mastermind.  But mark my words {narrows eyes and breaks into a sly smile} I shall have my revenge before the year is out! {evil chuckles}
  We didn't get up until about 9am and Mr Smart threw himself straight into his uni reading on the couch while I made a promised breakfast of my variant of Eggs Benedict.  Breakfast was three short cut rashers of crispy bacon, one slice of toasted Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread topped with a poached egg and a slightly heaped dessertspoonful of Maille Hollandaise sauce.  It was a bit hard coordinating all the components to be ready at once, hence the extra crispy bacon, but it was still well received and Mr Smart cheekily said he was happy for me to continue practicing.
  The pre-made Hollandaise was a bit on the vinegary side and obviously, for the sake of product longevity, contained more gunk than the three ingredients it should have.  I will definitely be learning how to make it myself but that will take time I don't yet have.  I checked with Mum though, and she confirmed that I could make the Hollandaise the day before and put it in the fridge.  It will also freeze but she was careful to stress that you can't defrost it in the microwave.
  After brekkie Mr Smart returned to his uni work and I got on with my regular Sunday housework.  I loaded up the dishwasher and started doing general kitchen tidying, went to my computer and starting doing my weekly planner for the coming week.  I'm trying to mix up my breakfasts a bit more this week to avoid getting fed up.  Mr Smart headed off home about noon and I went on with laundry and planning.
  Despite today being designated a lazy day*, it was such a nice bright warm spring day that I almost felt compelled to be productive.  And since I indulged in a relatively late start and a 10am breakfast it was 2pm before I was hungry again.
I paused my busy-bee-ness for lunch: A Mission Five Grain Wrap spread with Yumi's Eggplant Dip then topped with 48g of Sole Mare tuna in olive oil, alfalfa sprouts and cucumber.  Not sure the eggplant worked with the tuna but it wasn't terrible.
  I quickly returned to buzzing about doing things, eager to ride the momentum while it lasted.  As I brought in the dry washing it occurred to me that since my old underpants no longer fit me they may as well not take up valuable draw space.  So since my scales thwarted my attempt at an accurate weight measurement, I took this photo to show you the cm off my waist!  New high cut knickers on top of old full brief ones destined for the bin.
I will be updating my measurements next month.
  My slow but steady productivity continued unabated and I was able to settle in at my desk for the afternoon and really do a thorough job of next week's plan.  I've even started the one for the week following that and started to look at recipes to increase the scope of my meals!  My desk also got a fair bit clearer today as I began to actually lay things away or throw them out.
  I paused around 5pm to have a Honey Murcott mandarin for a snack and then again at 6pm for dinner and an episode of Futurama.  Dinner was a serve of mild veggie heavy chilli con carne followed by 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.   I was going to make a spicier batch of chilli today but I had forgotten to get a zucchini at the shops and didn't want to disturb my lazy day by needing to get properly dressed and go out so it will just have to wait until tomorrow.
  Well that's about it, I'm still merrily sorting through my desk but I'm prepared for Monday and may well head to bed shortly.  Have a great week guys!
  Jess

*Lazy day: I didn't do any exercise, or brush my hair, or even get fully dressed!
For a true lazy day I should have watched a lot more TV and had slightly more chocolate but I'm happy with what I did, it felt relaxing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment