Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sept 11 - Legacy


  It was Legacy Week here in Australia from Sept 2 - 8.  Legacy is an organisation funded by volunteers and public donations that care for the families of deceased and incapacitated veterans.  They really do valuable and practical work.  I bought one of their badges and posted a photo of it on facebook and my dad added this story to it: 
  "A personal story; when my Dad died and Mum was worried that my sister didn't have a job, Legacy popped around and said 'Your husband was a serviceman - how can we help?' Well, my daughter can't get a start anywhere, Mum said. 'Leave it to us they said...' and a nice man from Myer rang up next week and said 'Come in for an interview' and she has been employed ever since........."

Today's diet and exercise were:
  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, fibre toppers, slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds.  The pumpkin seeds work.  I'm not so sure about the sunflower seeds.
  • Morning snack was a kiwi fruit with the skin on.
  • Lunch was a Mission Five Grain Wrap spread spread with Philadelphia Extra Light Spreadable Cream Cheese (about 30g) and a smear of Masterfoods Horseradish Cream then topped with 67g of sliced Pastoral rare roast beef, half a tomato, baby spinach and cucumber slices.  Then I had a mostly unripe medium banana (a fraction too unripe as it left that furry kind of feeling in my mouth which I had to remove by chewing gum).
  • Afternoon snack was a navel orange.
  • Exercise was 45 minutes on the cross-trainer which included the first of a two-parter.  Argh, cliff-hanger!  Of well, I suppose at least it guarantees I'll get on again tomorrow.  It also included a 5 minute phone call with Gub since I had the foresight to put the phone next to the cross-trainer today.
  • Dinner was a serve of veggie heavy chile con carne.  I guess that would actually make it chile con carne y verduras.  It's yummy at any rate and seems to be having a positive effect on my evening blood sugar readings.
  • Dessert was 20g of Lindt 85% dark chocolate. 

  Not a long blog tonight as family related goings on are keeping my mind otherwise occupied.  I didn't manage to do my scheduled house work tonight either but I've planned out the walking route for seeing my final seven Mali's this weekend.  It will be a 7.2km round trip or thereabouts depending on where I park.  I suspect with photo breaks that it will take around about 3 hours.  I must remember to take a hat so I don't end up all crispy faced in the spring sun.
  Tomorrow should be an interesting day at work.  I have an offsite meeting which will play merry hell with the timing of my meal breaks and I have a deadline I feel very unprepared for.  Hopefully it will go much better than I imagine.
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment