Monday, September 10, 2012

Sept 10 - A Parcel Arrives!

  I arrived home from work to a parcel on my door step!

Ok, maybe I added the glow lines in... but it felt this awesome!

  Isn't it funny how excited we can get over little things?  It wasn't exactly unexpected, it was something I ordered and paid for online, but nevertheless I felt like I had received a present.  I guess the beauty of buying online is that sometimes it takes so long to arrive that it feels like a surprise when it does.  In this case it was particularly so as I ordered this item several months ago now.
  The parcel contained a box set of Joe Abercrombie's The First Law Trilogy.  I've not read it before but Earnest recommended it a few months ago.  I immediately looked it up and found that it was soon to be available in the handy-dandy box set so I pre-ordered.
  The other cool thing about it arriving, apart from the choir of angels announcing that I had a present on my doorstep, was the bounty of giant sized bubble-wrap it came in.  My nephew and I will have fun with that!
  As usual, I have way too many books to read but I have a feeling this will find it's way to the top of the list sooner rather than later.  I don't read a whole heap of fiction however I suspect this will be right up my alley.
  In other news, I weighed myself this morning, 114.4kg!
Total weight loss since July 1 is now sitting at 12.3kg (just over 27 lbs for the Americans).  That's pretty damned awesome.  It hasn't been that hard and it doesn't feel like I've changed a lot, though that probably has more to do with being in the right mindset.
  I'm starting to get nervous about hitting the first plateau.  I have no idea when it will hit, but I know I won't be continuing at this current rate forever.  I am trying to put it out of my thoughts in the same way that I try not to think about the total weight I still have to lose (12.3kg down, "only" 45.4 to go!).  The support I am getting from all of you has been amazing and is helping a lot so thank you all for being with me on this journey.

Today's food and exercise were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries, Fibre Toppers, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
  • Morning snack was half a dried apricot, four almonds, two pecan halves, two hazelnuts and two brazil nuts.
  • Lunch was a Mission Five Grain Wrap spread spread with Philadelphia Extra Light Spreadable Cream Cheese (about 30g) and a smear of Masterfoods Horseradish Cream then topped with 48g of shaved roast beef, baby spinach, half a tomato and cucumber slices.  Then I had a slighty unripe large banana and a kiwi fruit with the skin on.
  • Afternoon snack was a navel orange.
  • Exercise was 39 minutes on the cross-trainer.  It would have been the full 42 but I got a phone call from Gub which I really wanted to take.  I miss my sis!
  • Dinner was a bowl of homemade pumpkin soup and a Coles 7 Seeds & Grains roll spread with butter.  Followed by 20g of Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.
  So there you have it, a relatively uneventful day.  I managed to do everything on my planner for today I think, including laundry, so that feels good.  I might allow myself an earlyish night for once!  Look out bed, here I come!
  Jess

1 comment: