Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sept 4 - Hello World

  I seem to have grown a small but devoted readership.  This is quite flattering and a little surprising considering it's just me rambling primarily about my gradual reduction in size.  It seems quite self-indulgent really if I let myself think about it too long, though obviously that wasn't the intention.  I started it to keep myself honest and let my friends and family follow me on my journey.
  Anyway, an interesting little feature of the blogging desktop I use is that it allows me to see where my readership is based.  This picture represents my total readership since the beginning of the blog through to just before this entry.
  I expected to see Australia as the top since that's where most of my friends and family are based and to see the US and UK up the top was similarly unsurprising, but Russia stumped me a bit!  So I thought I'd take a little time to say "Hello Friends" to all those countries.
  G'day Mate
  Heya Guys
  Hello Chaps
  Привет друзья
  Grüß dich!
  Bonjour mes amis!
  Hola! ¿Cómo estas?
  你好
  Lovely Day Eh
  안녕하세요
  ہیلو میرے دوست
And obviously, anyone in those countries should feel free to correct my doubtlessly terrible translations!  Particularly the Urdu!

  Today was a pretty good day food and exercise wise: 
  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries and fibre toppers.
  • Lunch was a Mission Wholemeal Wrap spread with Philadelphia Extra Light Spreadable Cream Cheese (about 35g) then topped with 64g of Tasmania Smoked Salmon, strips of carrot, snow pea shoots and cucumber slices.  It was delicious!  Also, I discovered it is way cheaper to buy smoked salmon from the supermarket deli than in the vacuum packs.  The little 50g and 100g packets are anywhere between $50 - $75 per kilogram whereas in the deli it was only $37 per kilogram and that wasn't even on special!  On the other hand, I found a big ole fish bone! I also had eight little Perino snacking tomatoes.
  • For my afternoon snacks I had an unripish banana, a tamarillo and an Afourer mandarin (not all at the same time).  I knew I was going to eat dinner late so I spread them out across the afternoon.
  • Exercise was 42 minutes of Buffytastic action (S3E16) on the cross trainer.
  • Dinner was homemade bolognese on 45g dry weight of wholemeal spiral pasta with a sprinkling of Mainland Finely Shredded Light Tasty cheese mixed through.  I'm pleased to say that I think 45g dry weight of pasta is about right so I can stop fiddling with the quantity now!

  Straight after work today I went upstairs to meet Captain Cupcake for a movie.  Hoyts Forest Hill were reshowing Finding Nemo in 3D.  It was really fun and I'd never seen it on the big screen before.  I'm not generally a big fan of 3D in movies as I don't think any amount of flashiness makes up for a poor story, but given that Finding Nemo is a great story, it certainly didn't detract from the film.
  It was tempting not to exercise tonight.  The movie saw me getting home just before 9pm, the time I'd usually start the blog entry, but Captain Cupcake had reminded me that if I didn't exercise I'd only have to admit it.  So I got home, got changed and flicked on Buffy.  I didn't eat dinner until 10pm!  Good thing I'm not too tired because that means I can't take my blood sugar reading until midnight.  My book will get a work out before bed!
  Jess

  Ni-night
  Happy trails
  Good night chums
  Спокойной ночи
  Gute nacht
  Bonne nuit
  Buenos noches
  晚安
  Sweet dreams
  잘자
شب بخیر  

2 comments: