Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sept 15 - Shopping, Cooking and Piccolino

  This morning I weighed in at 112.7kg!  That's 14kg total now, almost 2kg in this week alone.  I enjoyed my normal breakfast with Dad this morning.  Mum was eventually woken with the obligatory cup of tea and joined in the morning's conversation and news.  Dad called it 'sarcastic tea' as he chose an afternoon blend though it was only 10am.
  Once we all got moving for the day Mum and Dad headed off to IKEA to scout for spice jars and bedside tables for their newly renovated home in Adelaide and I got started on my shopping list.  I needed one or two things to prepare for tomorrow's picnic.
  I shopped at Waverley Gardens today.  I went to Target and they were out of stock of the Philips AirFryer already!  Fortunately they let me raincheck it at the Layby desk so they will call me when it comes into the store.  That worked out ok as I didn't really want to part with the money today anyway.  I went to BigW and investigated sports bras.  I did get one but I think I might end up taking it back, I suspect I was somewhat optimistic in the size I chose.  I might go to BigW at Forest Hill on Monday and look at the Michelle Bridges' ones there as they actually look pretty comfortable.  I grabbed the small amount of groceries I needed at Safeway and headed home again.
  I was just about to make my lunch when Mum and Dad came home.  They'd been having brunch at the Kebab Joint.  Mum has definitely taken a shine to that place!  Brilliant coffee seems to be the main draw card for her.  I've enjoyed both times I've been there too.  I made my lunch and loaded the dishwasher while they pottered and got ready to go to Bertie's to see their beloved grandson.
Click to Enlarge
  I started washing and drying the strawberries for tomorrow.  Mum asked me to reserve a few nice ones for popping in the champagne at tonight's family dinner.  She and Dad headed off to Bertie's and I got down to cooking the Zucchini Slice!  It's fun to make and so so easy too.  I even managed to keep up a text conversation with Mr Smart while making it!
  I got the slice in the oven and put on a load of laundry and started emptying the dishwasher.  I'd finished all the chores and picked a big bag of lemons for Mr Smart just before he arrived.  The slice had about ten minutes left in the oven after which is was quality control tested by the two of us.
  Around quarter to seven, Mum and Dad swung by home to collect us for dinner and off we headed to Piccolinos, an old haunt of the family.  We collected Captain Cupcake on the way.  She's been an honorary member of the family for a long time now.  Bertie, Tricky and my nephew joined us and managed to arrive at exactly the same time.  It was a great dinner, great company and oh god, my tummy is so full.

Today's food and drink were:

  • Breakfast was yoghurt, berries and Fibre Toppers.
  • Lunch was a Mission Five Grain Wrap spread with Yumi Hummus then topped with thinly sliced kangaroo salami, one slice of Bega Extra Light Tasty cheese, mushroom, tomato and iceberg lettuce.  Followed by a small slightly unripe banana.
  • Afternoon snack was five ripe strawberries and a quality control test portion of my zucchini slice while it was still warm and another teensy one once it had cooled down.  I also had a can of Pepsi Max.
  • Dinner:  My starter was three small pieces of garlic pizza which was deliciously cheesey and very garlicky.  For entree I shared a king prawn cocktail with Mr Smart, I had two large prawns out of the five with the yummy creamy dressing and some salad.  Main course was from the specials board: Tornados Rossini which was medallions of eye fillet topped with pate and mushrooms served with veggies.
  • Dessert was a teensy drop of The Chocolate Lover's Wine which Mr Smart brought.  Big thanks to Miss M for introducing both of us to that one!

  I decided not to exercise today as my right ankle has been complaining lately and with a 4km walk planned for tomorrow I felt it might be best not to aggravate it today.  I am thinking that I might restructure my exercise a bit going forward and look at introducing some strength training to start toning up my rapidly shrinking body!
  Off to bed now to rest up for tomorrow's hunt!
  Jess

1 comment:

  1. Good work Jess!
    You write beautifully too.
    Keep taking care of yourself.

    *Big Hug*

    ReplyDelete