Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mar 7 - Whirlwind Of A Day

  Today has just been a blur.  It's been a long one, so this is a short blog.  I went for a walk at lunch today.  QV itself is a pretty big block of land, bordered by Lonsdale, Russell, Little Lonsdale and Swanston Streets and it is filled with little laneways, quirky shops, heaps of restaurants and random art.

The bottom of the escalator on level 2 (QV Square level)

In Jane Bell Lane.  It really is as tall as a house!

  I couldn't pass up the opportunity of a treat from Breadtop today but I still think it was a better choice than the first thing that set me drooling.  I crossed Lonsdale Street today to get a good picture of the historic Women's Hospital building and then walked up to Russell.  It was then that I realised how dangerously close I am now to International Cakes and Stalactites.  I certainly have missed regular trips to little Greece.  When I worked in South Melbourne the boys used to go in to get everyone gyros from Stalactites.
  I was at work for about 12 hours today, my choice.  I had a deadline and wanted to get stuck in to the pile of invoices awaiting my attention on my desk.  I have a plane to catch tomorrow night so I knew I wouldn't want to work back then.  It was actually kind of nice, as it can be in a new job.  I got a lot of things done, I got to know a few co-workers a bit better and I had a quiet, relaxed dinner with no household clutter around to spoil the calm.
  I headed home and threw myself straight into housework.  Laundry in, laundry on, laundry out.  Bins and recycling emptied and big bins dragged to kerb.  Bunny cage cleaned.  Dealt with an almost indestructible nasty black shiny white-tail shaped spider (apparently it was impervious to the charms of insecticide, in the end I was forced to crush him with the can!).  Checked in for tomorrow's flight and printed my boarding pass.  Now writing blog and very soon I'll be finishing packing and getting to bed!

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a 70g Whiles Toasted Fruit Muesli with a 170g Dairy Farmers Thick & Creamy 98% fat free orchard peach and mango yoghurt.
  • Morning snack was a large yellow-flesh peach.
  • Lunch was a Mission Mediterranean Herb wrap with baby spinach, Praise 99% fat free mayonnaise, half a Lebanese cucumber, a small sliced truss tomato and half a smoked chicken breast (about 75g).
  • Afternoon snack one was a red bean paste bun from Breadtop.
  • Afternoon snack two was a Royal Gala apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was a 300g 97% fat free tomato and roasted red capsicum soup with a buttered bread roll.


  That's it for today.  I'm off to pack, and tomorrow I'm off to Brisbane!  Woohoo!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment