Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mar 26 - Chef Extraordinaire

  Not a long blog today, things were a little busy this evening so I'm already well past bedtime.  Work went well today, though I am going to be late on my accruals deadline and things most definitely felt overwhelming.  Sometimes I wonder if people really mean it when they say they don't expect me to work miracles!  Then again, maybe they just don't realise how long some things take.  I guess you don't unless you're the one doing them.  Still, I look at my desk with papers everywhere and I can't help wondering how the hell people with clean desks do it!?
  A nice interlude at lunch time, Mum came to have lunch with me and pick up her car which I had driven in for her.  It was a gorgeous day today.  Distinctly warm, but with a lovely breeze which flowed right through the part of the food court we sat in.  A bonus of Mum coming by today too was that I could grab groceries and she took them home for me.  I had something special and delicious in mind for dinner tonight.
  I caught the train home, I got a seat as I did the 10am start again today.  I've started to pick up a copy of the free, I hesitate to use the term, 'newspaper' mX.  It gives me something mindless, very very mindless, to read on the ride home, but more importantly it's free lining material for the bunny cage.  By the time I got home, Mum and Gub were ravenous and I was more than a little peckish myself.
  On went a pot of boiling water, in went wholemeal pasta spirals, on went my much-loved Analon frying pan, in went bacon pieces and crushed garlic, two and a half zucchinis grated soon added to the mix, a sprinkling of chilli flakes and cracked black pepper and a sixth of a cup of grated parmesan (Grana Padano).  Stir until it's hot and the pasta is cooked.  Toss together in bowls.  The whole thing takes about 8 minutes.

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was a quarter cup of Carmen's Classic fruit and nut muesli with a sixth of a cup of All-Bran Fibre Toppers with Paul's Smarter White milk.
  • Morning snack was a white-flesh nectarine and a yellow-flesh plum.
  • Lunch was a large-size container from Sumo Salad which had half pesto chicken and avocado salad (rather light on the chicken if you ask me) and half pumpkin, feta and beetroot salad.
  • Afternoon snack was a Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced.
  • Dinner was wholemeal pasta (about 67g dry weight) with zucchini sauce.
  • Dessert was 20g Lindt 85% Cocoa dark chocolate.

  I'm happy a few things worked out nicely today.  I created a brand new whizz-bang dinner which everyone loved,  I was able to successfully install some new RAM in my own computer and I managed to proof-read everything in my inbox on time!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment