Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mar 13 - Work Work Work

  Not a thrilling day.  I helped Pengi type up his guest blog but that was definitely the highlight.  I went to work early and left work late, but the good news is that today I started to see some progress on my desk.  Since I started last week I'd accumulated, checked and sorted, a pile of approved but un-entered invoices just over an inch tall.  By the time I left tonight the pile was only three quarters of an inch tall and tomorrow I expect it to be gone!  Then I can start work on the invoices that need approvals.
  I've realised that my new workplace is good for the diet in some ways and tricky in others.  It is good in that the office is very long and thin with the scanner in the middle and the kitchen and bathrooms at the back.  This means a lot of extra walking if I want to get things which is good.  It's also good in that there is a friendly and peaceful place to sit and eat lunch which encourages me to bring lunch and make it at work.
  It's tricky in two main ways.  The first being the obvious easy access to new places to eat with lots of delicious food but the second is even more dangerous, my co-workers are chocolate deviants!  There is chocolate everywhere, free and available to all.  I had to walk past this bowlful at least twenty times today.  I nearly weakened twice but I triumphed in the end.  It helped that I couldn't readily identify any of the chocolates as being my favourites.  It will become a lot harder if someone presents me with something I know I love.
  My co-workers are all aware of the blog and its purpose, and my boss in particular, finds it very amusing when I say "time for lunch" and immediately grab my camera.  They are a pretty supportive bunch so hopefully I will be able to avoid chocolate each time with a single simple "no thank you".

  Today's food was:

  • Breakfast was 125g fresh raspberries and a sliced small banana topped with Roaming Cow reduced-fat Greek style yoghurt and a sprinkling of slivered almonds.
  • Morning snack was two apricots.
  • Lunch was a 300ml red Thai chicken soup with two slices of toasted Bürgen Wholemeal & Seeds Bread.
  • Afternoon snack was a William Bartlett pear.
  • Dinner was insalata di spaghetti again.  80g dry weight of spaghetti with about 200g of halved Perino snacking tomatoes, bambini bocconcini, 35g Don white salami, fresh torn basil and a slightly smaller glug of Mendez extra virgin olive oil than yesterday's.

  So that's it for today, now I need to get to bed and go to sleep.  Haha, yes that's not likely when I'm halfway through a book but at least tomorrow I'll be able to read on the train!  Hopefully it will mean that I can cut down on my nocturnal reading habits.  Yeah... I don't think it's that likely either, but at least I'll be able to read more!
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment