Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mar 21 - Stop The World, I Wanna Get Off

  Dizziness as a symptom, particularly as a sole symptom, really sucks.  I can't really go anywhere or do anything without the room spinning and even the slightest of head movements takes a while to settle down from again.  It's doubly frustrating knowing that I have so much work to do in my new role and it's sitting there not getting done!  I really want to be there doing stuff.  I like fixing messes, not contributing to them.
  I went to sleep dizzy last night, and I woke up still dizzy.  I definitely couldn't drive anywhere and I hazard a guess I wouldn't have been safe getting myself on a train either.  The dizziness is least when I'm upright and worst when I'm lying down.  I did still manage to get some extra sleep this morning though, by propping myself up on an angle with a number of large pillows.  I have to be careful about doing that though because of course then the possibility of injuring my back comes into play.
  I'm having no trouble eating which is good, and I have no blocked nose or sore throat today, but at Mum's behest I tried steam inhalation anyway.  It succeeded in making me very hot, and gave my skin a good clean but didn't have much else of an effect.  That's good in one way though.  If steam doesn't help, that points more towards inner ear infection than to blocked sinuses so at least it's something to go on.  Only one way to find out I guess, so if I'm not feeling better tomorrow I will be off to the doctor.


  Today's food was:

  • Lunch was a toasted cheese sandwich comprised of two slices of Abbott's Village Bakery harvest seeds & grains bread and three slices of Bega So Light tasty cheese, along with fourteen Perino snacking tomatoes.  Followed by a 'dessert' toasted sandwich of two slices of Abbott's Village Bakery harvest seeds & grains bread with Nutella (or Nutino in this case).  Both sandwiches had margarine on each slice for that extra crispy sandwich surface.
  • Dinner was two Jamie Oliver crispy pollock fish cakes and some sweet potato gems done in the AirFryer.  Doesn't the name just make you giggle?  Crispy pollock is exactly what you would have if Jamie Oliver got sunburned.
  • Dessert was a 170g Dairy Farmer's Thick & Creamy 98% fat free vine passionfruit flavoured yoghurt with slivered almonds and a dried peach half.

  Now I'm going to watch TV, and then try (in vain I expect) to get some more sleep.
  Jess

PS: Thank you to everyone who has been playing Words With Friends with me today.
It  has proved to be a pleasant distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment